PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Feed Problem on Bizhub 363

Custom Search

atiq
04-06-2011, 05:15 PM
We have a machine in the field , which is a Develop ineo 363 (Bizhub 363) and at the moment we are having a problem with the feed pick up on letterheads as the feed rollers are slowly striping the colour off the letterhead (can not be seen by the naked eye) and turning it into a film of dust. The dust is now gathering on the rollers and eventually causing paper jams.

On the old machines (Ricoh) letterheads were placed face down but in the Develop's (Bizhub) the they are faced up.

Could this be the way the letter heads are printed from the print shop or what do I need to do to resolve this problem.

Atiq

PS: There are two ways letterheads can be printed either on a digital print press or a traditional ink press. Would either one of these printing techniques cause the problem?

Thanks

minimerlin
04-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Are you feeding letterheads longside in feed direction or shortside? Surely if you load paper so that the tyres do not run on the pre printed area the problem would not happen! Or am I missing something?

atiq
04-06-2011, 11:39 PM
sorry my mistake, its a A4 Letterhead/invoice template on it pre-printed.

it would not really matter if it was feed longways or short ways, as the print is all over.

I thinks it got something to do with the way the paper is printed.

Digital press uses toner on the paper to make up the letterhead and conventional press's use ink base.

so therefore digital press images would lift if run through a photocopiers as compared to ink based press.

Has any of you come across this problem and what you did to resolve it - Thanks

Atiq

strider5555
04-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Load the letterhead paper face down in the tray (tray 1 and tray 2) and specify the paper type as letterhead for that tray. The machine will then feed through the duplex to invert the paper before printing on the preprinted side.

atiq
04-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Load the letterhead paper face down in the tray (tray 1 and tray 2) and specify the paper type as letterhead for that tray. The machine will then feed through the duplex to invert the paper before printing on the preprinted side.

Thanks for that, so far the problem has been cured and no issues.

Just a quick question from the client:

Q: If the A4 paper is now being feed through the duplex what copy speed is the client expected to maintain from the usual 36 PM?

Atiq

strider5555
04-14-2011, 02:17 AM
As far as I can tell, output speed is still 36 pages per minute.

atiq
04-27-2011, 03:48 PM
As far as I can tell, output speed is still 36 pages per minute.

Thanks for that it has worked, how ever the machine has slowed down quite a lot but aleast its cured the problem.

:)

Atiq - Thank You

ineo+6501
04-27-2011, 03:58 PM
You could always feed from the bypass which is face down?

Custom Search