PDA

View Full Version : CQ backgrounding on ARM455N

Custom Search

cbgfi
04-07-2011, 07:55 PM
keep getting backgrounding on prints and copies even after changing developer, drum, transfer, charge corona.ANY SUGGESTIONS?

wtroll
04-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi,
in Europe we work on the same model called AR-M451N (Jupiter series), and there are many problems of backgrounding caused by the UPPER FUSER ROLLER.
Have you checked it?
Otherwise I've seen another background issue caused by ended toner cartridge (without any toner-end message on the display!), insert a new toner cartridge and problem solved after 20-30 copies.

blackcat4866
04-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Did you look at the drum waste auger? It's fairly common to twist off the shaft right at the coupler. The cleaning unit packs up right away, no matter how well you vacuumed it. =^..^=

DINGO
04-08-2011, 10:49 PM
hy
is important understand wath you mean with backgrpund, there a lot kinds of bacdkground with diferents causes.

if you can post an copy/print, may be can get better answers.

Silvertoast
04-09-2011, 02:44 AM
if its a shadowed background, more than likey its due to ur mag roller being coated, i have made it a point to allways clean off a portion of the mag roller with my finger to check for coating, (after dumping the old dv and b4 adding the new) if its coated take a scotch brite pad a clean it till its silver again.

sharphead
04-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Ive had that same issue as blackcat, it made an awful mess, have you checked the charge voltage

sharphead
04-15-2011, 11:10 AM
if its a shadowed background, more than likey its due to ur mag roller being coated, i have made it a point to allways clean off a portion of the mag roller with my finger to check for coating, (after dumping the old dv and b4 adding the new) if its coated take a scotch brite pad a clean it till its silver again.

Silvertoast does that work I was under the impression you couldnt touch the mag roller although I would give it a rub with an anti static cloth

Silvertoast
04-15-2011, 10:22 PM
yes it works i do it all the time and its either clean the mag roller or replace the dv unit. use one of the green scotch brite pads, just be sure u dont leave in peices of pad on the mag roller.

Akitu
04-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Paper actually works well on the Ricoh MP4000s when their mag roller gets a good coat of baked toner... Should apply the exact same way to any mag roller.

mtech
04-16-2011, 12:27 AM
Every once in a while this use to happen to me. Wtroll is right! Change the toner!!! I have had more than one machine do this to me and it really was bad! You go to the machine and give it a full PM and then you get this awful gray background. Sharp will not acknowledge this issue!!! When you look to see what the toner amount is it is 20% or less. Change the toner and run 50 copies and your problem is solved! Even if the toner is not that far used, CHANGE THE TONER!!! I can't explain the issue but I will never forget it. (Yes Mr. Customer I will do a full pm and your copies will look even better! After you do the PM the copies look like crap!! Background all over after you messed with it and now you look like an idiot that just messed up a copier that was working fine!!!)

RSCA
04-18-2011, 11:06 PM
I had a problem with one machine getting background after a day or so from changing developer. I ended up taking the DV unit apart and found toner build up on the guides around the toner sensor. I believe the developer was not stirring properly and not reading the correct level. I have not had the problem recurr. Changing the DV unit would accomplish the same thing but is more expensive.

Custom Search