PDA

View Full Version : CQ MXC311 light copies and prints

Custom Search

Dustin(WOP)
04-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Hello all
I am having some issues with an MXC311. It is giving light copies on the edge of the paper. I have recently updated the firware, replaced BK drum, DV, and also swapped the laser with a known working machine. If you set it to make 20 copies either 1 or 2 of the 20 have a light edge. This is happening in color and black and white as well as on prints, and copies. I am not sure where to go next with this issue. I have attached some examples of what it is doing. If anyone has ANY ideas please let me know as this one has me stumped!!:mad: THANKS IN ADVANCE!!:cool:

Note: the 22-6 that is attached the 3rd page is light at top not the 2nd page

Akitu
04-11-2011, 07:40 PM
I've seen something similar with this, as I was rebuilding one of their nightmarish fusers... I'm trying to recall this from memory a little ways back, so forgive me if it's not 100% accurate.

There's an interrupt sensor in the fuser to trigger the solenoid that engages the pressure, in my situation the plastic flag that engages the sensor had cracked almost completely off, it wasn't completely separated from the fuser frame but it wasn't noticeable immediately either. The flag was triggering the solenoid during regular fusing cycles and power cycles of the machine, so the first pages would come out fine and one in every 5-10 was a light page as yours looks.

Try a different fuser and see if that takes care of it.

mojorolla
04-12-2011, 02:02 AM
Fuser shows at 56k, thats pretty good for that lil bugger. Also shows banding inside the panda as well as lead edge. I'm thinking fuser all the way. Curious what the skyshot looks like...

Dustin(WOP)
04-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Went to visit this machine again this morning and found out that the screen is flickering while making copies, not sure if this has anything to do with my issue or not but thought I would throw that out there to see if it sparks anyones memory. I have attached an all cyan copy and a couple of sky shots, that I made after I replaced the fuser unit with a known working one. Any other ideas on this POS?? Thanks!!

mojorolla
04-12-2011, 07:11 PM
I've had at least 2 CCD's go bad on the 311. Run 25-1 and see if the cyan value is really low. Did the new fuser fix the lead edge problem?

Dustin(WOP)
04-12-2011, 07:14 PM
I can't see how the CCD could be the problem as it happens on prints and copies, but yes we have had a tone of problems with the scanners here too.
The fuser had to effect on anything. All lead edge problems are still present, THANKS!

Dustin(WOP)
04-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Just wanted to give an update in case anyone else runs into this issue.
The TC PWB was the problem, took it out, looked it over, and put back into machine and worked fine. My guess would be that since this board has spring connections that one of them must not have had a good contact at all times. Thanks for everyones help on this one!!! Happy Fixing!!
Note: the screen flickering also stopped after reseating this board.

Custom Search