PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Post inserter not in print menu

Custom Search

henry finley
04-12-2011, 02:15 AM
A very irritating problem I cannot solve. I have Fiery s300 IP901 with version 2 software and driver on Konica C500 and booklet finisher. I am trying to print a booklet using the post inserter for the cover (all 70lb 11 x 17). In the version 2 driver, there is no post inserter tray to choose from in the print menu. So I reverted to version 1 software and it does have a post inserter tray choice for the cover, but the booklet choice is grayed out. So I have one software (version 2) which will let me make booklets, but not insert a cover, or version 1 which has the post inserter choices, but all the booklet making choices are grayed out. Either way--no booklets with an inserted cover. I'm not stupid. I know how to resolve problems, but this one has no resolution. I'm convinced the version 2 software available fro Konica or EFI is incomplete. What to do? Thank you.

bigdcopy
04-12-2011, 02:37 AM
What version Operating System?

henry finley
04-12-2011, 02:39 AM
Windows XP SP3
What version Operating System?

bigdcopy
04-12-2011, 02:52 AM
Go to Start, printers and faxes, right click on the C500 (or what ever you have named it) choose properties, from the general tab choose printing preferences, new window pops up, choose configuration tab, either choose the options or do a two way connection (prefered way) with the IP address of the controller, the view of the machine should change to look like the way the copier looks

henry finley
04-12-2011, 03:31 AM
Believe me, friend--I've done ALL of that. It's just plain not there. This is one of those menu situations where you have to have a to get b, but if you do a, it removes your choice to get b, and vice versa. "Round and 'round in circles--both versions. Totally impossible. BTW-- I'm not a technician like my profile says. I don't know how that got there. I've owned this machine about 7 months, and it has made me a maniacal technician. No solution. A Rubik cube that was taken apart and re-assembled wrong--no solution.
Go to Start, printers and faxes, right click on the C500 (or what ever you have named it) choose properties, from the general tab choose printing preferences, new window pops up, choose configuration tab, either choose the options or do a two way connection (prefered way) with the IP address of the controller, the view of the machine should change to look like the way the copier looks

henry finley
04-12-2011, 05:31 AM
well I discovered by backdating my driver from v2 to 1.1, the post inserter seems to show up. But it's still not inserting any cover to my booklets.
Believe me, friend--I've done ALL of that. It's just plain not there. This is one of those menu situations where you have to have a to get b, but if you do a, it removes your choice to get b, and vice versa. "Round and 'round in circles--both versions. Totally impossible. BTW-- I'm not a technician like my profile says. I don't know how that got there. I've owned this machine about 7 months, and it has made me a maniacal technician. No solution. A Rubik cube that was taken apart and re-assembled wrong--no solution.

bigdcopy
04-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Contact a service center

Custom Search