PDA

View Full Version : AR-M237 Scanning

Custom Search

RSCA
04-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Bought this machine used from a broker with network print and the scanner enabled. Installed no problem. Customer used it for about 6 weeks then calls to say that all of a sudden the scanner doesn't work. When I choose scan it tells me the scan option is not installed. I have a product key for Sharp Desk but not product key to enter into the machine. Is there a way to recover this. The info was not with the machine when purchased. Thanks for any help.

tmaged
04-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Nope. They will no longer give them out either. The only way to get it is to purchase another one.

bilyahn
04-19-2011, 01:08 AM
If you are a Sharp dealer you can ask them to re-issue the product key. If not then you will need to purchase a product key. But I would first try to figure out what happened to the one that was there. They just don't disappear for no reason.

Good luck.

Bil

Oops, I guess tmaged has more current info that I have.

mansart
04-19-2011, 01:58 AM
More than likely, when you bought the machine it only had the scan demo enabled. Once a total of 500 scans were done under the demo mode the scan function no longer functions.

RSCA
04-19-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks for all the input. I wondered about the customer deleting the product key accidentally but you're probably right about the demo mode. That makes the most sense. We are a Sharp dealer (CCR) but the 237/277 were models before we started so I don't think Sharp will be any help.

ESG
04-19-2011, 08:55 PM
we are a CCr as well you may need to locate the dealer that you are under the ccr like who you order your parts from. Anyway they should help you get it, if you can give them the sharpdesk serial number and it would have to match up with serial number of the copier ( but that is if it was registered) Anyway contact your dealer and they will be able to help you.

tmaged
04-19-2011, 08:58 PM
The Sharpdesk serial number doesn't have anything to do with the product key. Totally unrelated.

ESG
04-19-2011, 09:04 PM
yes it will, when you register it with sharp they will give the registration key to input into the copier!!!!!!!!!!When it is all said and done

ZOOTECH
04-19-2011, 10:00 PM
yes it will, when you register it with sharp they will give the registration key to input into the copier!!!!!!!!!!When it is all said and done
Not actually, Sharp will issue a Product Key with the info you provide (Model, S/N, and Application #) to be inputted into the copier to unlock that option.. The Sharpdesk Serial Numbers/licenses will be inputted when installing Sharpdesk on the PCs.
Just like Tony said above.

Custom Search