PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C220/C280/C360 drinking toner??

Custom Search

Thecopyguy
04-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Hello All,

Have a C280 thats gone through 2 full Cyan toner bottles in the last week. At first I suspected a rogue empty toner had been installed but I kept an eye on the replacement and sure enough after two days it was nearly empty and only done about 500 prints.
Toner level reading was normal (6.9%) when I fitted the 2nd toner and I even looked into the waste toner bottle but wasn't obviously full of unused Cyan toner.
Any ideas anyone before I go for another look tomorrow??:confused::confused:

ps. Other 3 colours are working normally.

minimerlin
04-19-2011, 09:11 PM
What is the % cyan toner coverage of the print jobs? Remember that toner usage is usually stated for a coverage of 4-5% on a page! Most copies/prints are a lot higher coverage than this so more toner is used. What does the user mode demo print look like? Have you carried out Gradation adjust ?

CraigW
04-20-2011, 12:51 AM
We were told to wait until the machine stopped and indicated to change toners before replacing on these models. Otherwise the display will be incorrect. They may fix it with firmware .... but it may take some time.

Is the new bottle actually empty ??

Thecopyguy
04-20-2011, 08:00 AM
The bottles are actually been emptied. Coverage is probably a little more than normal (Bathroom Brochures) but wouldn't use that much toner on a few hundred prints even at 100% coverage and that wouldn't explain why Cyan only..

Demo print and halftone tests all look fine at every level.

Machines done about 150,000 and been really good up to now as have all our C220/C280/C360's to be honest.

jamesmutz
04-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Maybe a very basic question but are you using genuine toner? Aftermarket toner will often do as you have stated.

Thecopyguy
04-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Sorted.. Replaced Cyan drum (With a previously used but chipped one) and reseated Cyan Developer and not had problem since. So not sure which one fixed it but hey. Thanks to all for suggestions

Custom Search