PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera FS-3830N NIC card DHCP mode is on but NIC doesn't see network

Custom Search

dswasley
04-26-2011, 11:48 PM
I'm working on a Kyocera FS-3830N printer and in the network status page it shows DHCP and BOOTP are on but when I hook this unit up to a network the NIC doesn't see the network. I've zeroed the IP and subnet mask and Gateway addresses and still nothing. I've searched online how to switch off NetBEUI hoping that might fix the problem but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?:confused: Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions....

LNorris
04-27-2011, 02:01 PM
your network may not support DHCP. i'd manually put in ip/gateway/subnet and then try it on the network.

HenryT2
04-27-2011, 03:25 PM
If you are using an IB-21 series NIC.....reset the card ( move jumper 90 degrees across the first set of pins, reseat back in printer without Cat 5 hooked up. Power on printer and alow the printer to come to 'READY' . Remove NIC and place jumper back to original setting. ) Re-install with Network hooked up and power on again.

If you are using an SEH card, hold in the reset pin and power on, then hook up the network cable.

If that does not work............Like LNorris said " enter the settings manually ".

Good Luck

DWise
05-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Any updates on this issue, dswasley?

dswasley
05-25-2011, 03:42 AM
My apologies to all for not responding in a timely fashion. After exhaustive testing and checking settings, someone else that was more observant than I pointed out that the NIC LEDs weren't lit when the printer was powered up so I surmised a bad/burned up NIC card. I guess I should've checked the LEDs in the first place right off......

Custom Search