PDA

View Full Version : Sharp AR 337 jams at drum...

Custom Search

JCaneen
08-03-2007, 09:45 PM
OK you Sharp guys ... I am new to the group, and I have a problem machine. A Sharp AR 337 with low copy count jams regularly 1 inch past drum ... out of both drawers ... BUT NOT THE BYPASS TRAY !
There appears to be a fold about 4 inches from lead edge on every jammed sheet and I suspect the paper 'BUCKEL' is somehow too large ...I have tried to adjust simulation 51 subcode 02 for both 'tray' and 'lower tray' but this makes no difference in either the jamming or placement of the offending folds. The machine works fine with the by-pass ... no fold, jam or image defect.
Any ideas? At the end of my rope on this one.
Joe

johnbla
08-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Sounds like a Z-fold, notorious on the Cougar range.

The problem is with the Clutches, which control the flow/timing of the paper up the right side of the machine and onto the PS roller.

You can replace them [2 hours], or as a quick fix, [will last for about 5-10k] ..... the top two transport clutches give them a good flush with solvent.

JCaneen
08-05-2007, 02:55 PM
John,
Thanks for your help ... this is the only Sharp AR in my area ... it sounds like you hit the nail on the head ... it does look like a Z fold, started randomly, but never at the bypass. I will quote to do the clutches !
Best regards,
Joe

Custom Search