PDA

View Full Version : Fax drum problem

Custom Search

01-29-2005, 03:01 AM
I have a mita 770 fax drum that had the rubber tube on the back come loose and spill toner in the machine, I can\'t get the tube back on, can it be fixed or do I need a whole new drum?

sweetrobar
01-29-2005, 03:03 AM
the reason why that tube comes out is because the waste toner bottle became full
vacuum the tube and try to shove it back in and put a tye wrap around the neck of the tube. If it pops out again, replacing the image unit will fix it

paul
03-27-2005, 01:42 AM
There is a spring in the tube that carries the excess toner from the drum to the waste holder. More than likely the spring is messed up and you\'ll have to replace the imaging unit. They are expensive and the machine is not supported by the manufacturer any more. This means that you can\'t get parts for it. So rather than spending about $300 on a new imaging unit I would replace it.

Copystar
03-27-2005, 06:38 AM
Guest wrote:

I have a mita 770 fax drum that had the rubber tube on the back come loose and spill toner in the machine, I can\'t get the tube back on, can it be fixed or do I need a whole new drum?

That waste toner tube/auger runs right over the top of the fuser and it just sits there and cooks all day. eventually the toner chunks up and causes the waste toner tube to pop off. A few years ago, a Mita techrep told me to remove some of the plastic reinforcement ribs that are moulded into the top of the fuser unit in the area of the waste toner tube. If you pop off a couple ribs you get much better airflow through the area. I did this on machine that was kicking my ass back in the day and it seemed to help.

Thest machines were OK in High Volume areas but were neve good at low volumes.

Custom Search