PDA

View Full Version : Konica C500 error code SC23-04

Custom Search

henry finley
05-05-2011, 08:48 PM
I had been fighting error codes for some time now, starting out with 45-20 (now OK). I discovered that replacing the developers solved that, but brought up others., namely 29-22. So I did the black developer, but did it rather clumsily and now am dead stopped by SC23-04. This is related to the black developer motor ran for a specified too long period of time.
I've seen horror tales about other machines with a blown chip or fuse because of this. But I don't think this is the case for me. I think clearing the error or error history will solve my problem. I see the problem listed as 1 incident in the history. But how in the heck do I clear up the problem? It is not in the service manual.
Once again: SC 23-04, at boot-up. How do I end it? Thank you.

henry finley
05-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Well here's what I discovered, but I have no idea how "technician" got listed under my name. The moral of all these error messeges traces back to my attempting to use and EBAY bought cheaper magenta toner for the same machine selling under the Ikon name. Apparently they are not the same.
SC 45-20 starts first. Then that leads to 29-22. And our old friend 35-02 jumps in the party. So you keep fooling around your original problem and stumble on 81-01. That one is the kiss of death. But you keep on working and manage to at least get back to 45-20. That one you can at least get a handle on. You'll have spent about 200 total hours as a willing stumbling boob till you finally remember that cheaper toner you bought.
Don't do that to yourself. Instead, if you have a hardcase customer who beats you down to dirt on a price--GET RID OF THEM. That's the moral of the story.
Scrimping and making chicken salad out of chicken sh--, along with no heat in the winter and a miserable existence might work when you use printing presses, but these digital machines aren't going to let you do that way. One tiny shortcut leads to a big snowball of problems. And in the end, you've spent a dollar to save a dime.
Nevermind 23-04. Its the error code for "stupidity". I proved it.

JustManuals
05-06-2011, 07:10 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Custom Search