PDA

View Full Version : di 2510 feed question

Custom Search

brent
05-09-2011, 10:48 PM
just when I thought I knew these machines fairly ok. one goes and goofs up on me
first off there is 2k on a complete rebuild. I put in both trays 1 and 2 new feed tires new arbors (small white one way clutches) scotch brited the shafts. etc. both have new clutches and everything. tray 1 was the priority tray. now it won't feed at all
tray 2 is working ok now. I wonder what the heck I missed. seems like once it gets warmed up it works better. but for a machine with 106 k on it. it sure is a piece of crap.
oh and it has new door catches also. any thoughts ?

brent

BR549
05-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Have you added a spacer to the back of the tray to make it push the white lever further? I usually use a ty wrap or 2 LED strip cleaning pads.

bigdcopy
05-10-2011, 01:20 AM
Did you change the Pick up clutches it is burried inside the tray cavity on the machine? There is one connector on the back of the machine that you have to remove the back panel to get to also remove the bypass tray assembly.

fixthecopier
05-10-2011, 02:26 AM
Instead of the spacer for the back of the tray, that only drops the roller an extra mm, I will physically bend the piece of metal that the white plastic arm drops down to lower the feed roller. Makes it drop another 2 or 3 mm's. And course the main clutch bigdcopy mentioned.

brent
05-10-2011, 05:13 AM
yes I have bent the piece of metal that gives more feed pressure. and yes I have replaced the clutch that is such a bitch to get at. I am goiong to just take it all apart a gain tomorrow and see whats up. I can't imagine that clutch only lasting 2k copies. but ya never know

I will check it out again tomorrow. thanks
brent

boanda
05-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Check all BUSHINGS, I had similar problem few times, one was bitch of clutch, another time was seedly or shabbily (I dont know how it says,but hope u understand)bushing

fixthecopier
05-10-2011, 11:47 AM
I did that clutch repair one time and it quit pulling altogether. Pulled the machine from the field to find I had pinched a wire putting the bypass back on.

brent
05-10-2011, 03:05 PM
ya. I think konica minolta could have figured a way to replace tray 2 feed assy and the other clutches without taking that manual feed assy off. it is a process with this machine for sure

brent

mo0651
05-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Do you have the white drawer catches updates on. the drawer can crack and give you jamming issues.

JSC
05-10-2011, 03:39 PM
You can also try cutting the sep press spring by 1 to 1 & half loops, I have done this on a few jamming issues with these machines.

brent
05-10-2011, 05:22 PM
went up replaced the lovely clutch that you have to unplug from the back. tray 1 is now working great. tray 2 was working awesome yesterday. took feed assembly for tray 2 apart. rebuilt. cleaned shafts etc. installed. no work. funnyting I had tray 1 out and watched. the feed shafts and everything was rolling. but the tires were stationary. took out and replaced the shafts themself. installed. still no work. took out and replaced with another lower feed unit. and I am going to beat the shit out of this lower unit here at the shop. at least get some satisfaction. kind of funny as I got into this I forgot what tray was giving me the problem to begin with. I need a beer

brent

Custom Search