PDA

View Full Version : install c352 firmware

Custom Search

aaahmmm
05-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Dear all
I need to install c352 machine firmware , can anyone help me how to do it , and if there is any way by using network cable , crossover cable .
If I have to use the flash card What is the specification of the flash memory that I can use and how I can use it
thank you all

EarthKmTech
05-15-2011, 12:26 PM
I don't recommend you attempt such a task if you don't know what your doing.

However, in answer to suitable CF cards, i can state that I've never purchased or used the overpriced items available from KM.

I've a selection of 256Mb CF cards I've purchased off eBay for next to nothing that I've never had any issues with.

Firmware can also be installed by the "internet isw" method from an FTP server.

As to how, well you should know if your a technician trained on KM machines.

aaahmmm
05-15-2011, 01:03 PM
i think i need to install new firmware because my problem is data light flashes but no print comes out when i send any print job to the machine ,i can make copy . i can ping to the machine ip addres , but i cant log in to the pagescope
and also i cant log in the utiliy \counter menue

EarthKmTech
05-16-2011, 10:17 AM
i would try sending a print job directly from a laptop with a cross over cable to rule out network issues first.

I have seen negotiation errors between km machines and certain switches resulting in obscenely slow network data transfer, with the fix being to manually set the machine to 100 half duplex etc..

Its starting to sound like it needs a data clear performed if failing the laptop test then firmware upgrade..

emujo
05-16-2011, 01:45 PM
You also need a special program that loads the firmware onto the Flash Card properly (VX works format). Agree with the previous posters that untrained tech should not try this. Emujo

aaahmmm
05-16-2011, 03:32 PM
how can i preform data clear.

Custom Search