PDA

View Full Version : Jamming FS-C5030N - Z-folding paper

Custom Search

ignacio.cortez
05-17-2011, 02:24 AM
I have an FS-C5030N that is Z-folding paper, I thought it was on the Duplex but I turned OFF the Duplex feature and it still does (does not Z-fold and Jam all the time) I seem to find the Z-folded paper in the back, towards the Duplex section, I have a feeling it could be the rollers in the transport section, but being the first time I work on these particular models, I'm calling in for suggestions.

Oh and Manuals4...... Got the manual already, but thanks for the offer :p

ignacio.cortez
07-22-2011, 12:50 AM
This one ended up being the Black rubber roller underneath the Registration Roller, Cleaned it up with Alcohol and it was working off and on, cleaned it with DeInk and it stopped Jamming. FYI

hekotez
07-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Greetings Ignacio
Never had any problems with the registration rollers themselves. I dont believe even if they were dirty to do that (unless the pressure springs are broken)
One thing i recomend you to give a look is the flag sensors... have had probs with those, have a 5025N on my bench right now with a similar problem.

Pull the paper transfer assembly out... look on the left side, you should see 2 silver shinny flags like mirrors... clean them with a soft cloth and water or similar... if they are dirty the reflection sensor inside the machine wont detect that the sheet hitted the rollers properly and will keep pulling the sheet in... since its already against the reg rollers it cant go nowhere and will z fold. also check the 2 sensors inside the machine that "read" the flags...

Could also be the clutch that controls the reg rollers to be dirty/failing... but definitly do check those flags.

ignacio.cortez
07-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Greetings Ignacio
Never had any problems with the registration rollers themselves. I dont believe even if they were dirty to do that (unless the pressure springs are broken)
One thing i recomend you to give a look is the flag sensors... have had probs with those, have a 5025N on my bench right now with a similar problem.

Pull the paper transfer assembly out... look on the left side, you should see 2 silver shinny flags like mirrors... clean them with a soft cloth and water or similar... if they are dirty the reflection sensor inside the machine wont detect that the sheet hitted the rollers properly and will keep pulling the sheet in... since its already against the reg rollers it cant go nowhere and will z fold. also check the 2 sensors inside the machine that "read" the flags...

Could also be the clutch that controls the reg rollers to be dirty/failing... but definitly do check those flags.

Well, if the error returns, I will most definitelly try that, but as far as I know it hasn't jam anymore, of course now that I stated it, they are going to call on it :-)

Custom Search