PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh Aficio 350 - automatic duplex unit

Custom Search

adydinu
08-15-2007, 02:22 AM
The story is very simple. I 'm helping a friend to reassemble this kind of copier machine. It is for the first time when I saw something so much disassembled. We succeeded to make the copier working properly with a little exception. The automatic duplexing doesn't work at all. I received a message to reset the duplex unit. The question is if the problem has to be in the hardware or is just a menu command. I don't have any idea regarding the solution for the message and how to solve the problem occurred.
Can anyone give me some tips/suggestions regarding this?
Thanks a lot for any help/suggestion.
And I am so sorry if my question is so silly and makes me look stupid, but I am not a technician used with printer/copiers, am this is just a little hobby for me, and mainly working with printers, but as my second try with a copier it was OK. And also this is my first post here. I only give a try to this machine because has only 63k copies and needs to be revived.
My emails are: adydinu@gmail.com or adydinu@yahoo.com

blackcat4866
08-16-2007, 11:55 PM
This may sound really simple, but that duplexer has a doorswitch that occasionally goes bad (or more likely unplugged). I haven't seen one of these AF350's in a while, so I can't picture where it is off the top of my head.

adydinu
08-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks for your suggestion. I'll make a try this afternoon. I hope it is so easy. I think it is the switch and I am sure I can deal with something like this.
Thanks again for your help.

adydinu
08-18-2007, 08:33 AM
This may sound really simple, but that duplexer has a doorswitch that occasionally goes bad (or more likely unplugged). I haven't seen one of these AF350's in a while, so I can't picture where it is off the top of my head.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. If it is so easy I will figure out how to deal with this malfunction. I'm sure I can find the location of the switch.
Thanks again for your help.:)

adydinu
08-18-2007, 12:46 PM
The switch was broken. I changed it, and now everything is working fine.
Thank you for the solution.
All the best to you.

Custom Search