PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C-2454 Errroe on bizhub c6500

Custom Search

jzheld
05-20-2011, 08:18 PM
after I cleaned the machine got an error 2454 code, (I took, belt out, all drums, developers, coronas) I found few post about that error message, that it could be sensor, board or developer motor. How can I diagnose what has failed?

Thanks John

Herrmann
05-20-2011, 09:55 PM
first at all, check, if the connector to the black developing unit is correctly set

jzheld
05-20-2011, 10:13 PM
checked that, I tried to power the machine with the unplugged connector, I got another error

JustManuals
05-21-2011, 08:07 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Herrmann
05-21-2011, 08:14 PM
ok, to isolate the error, you can interchange the dev unit per example bk against magenta (dont forget to tape the toner supply holes) and see, if the error persist.

marlon29
05-22-2011, 07:51 AM
maybe you should try to swap the coronas, i have encountered that problem also...the cause is faulty charging corona of black.... or maybe it is under-toned or over-toned in the black developing unit

Desert Rat
05-23-2011, 05:44 AM
Did you change the developer mix, drum or charger? Did you use a vacuum to clean the dev station? May be the sensor
took a static hit? Did you clean Potential sensor in the drum bay with a vacuum?
Was the copy quality ok when you started? If the black areas felt grainy, I would suspect that there is not
enough toner in the dev station.

DR

jzheld
05-23-2011, 06:20 PM
just interchange the dev unit, error 2453, is that means the sensor is done on th e developer unit? I tried to change coronas, that didn't help. I didn't use vacuum when I cleaned it, just paper towes, it wasn't that bad, but prefer when it's cleane. The quality was good before that, it's just not a very busy season for me so trying to keap everything perectly running

Desert Rat
05-23-2011, 06:51 PM
If you swapped the dev station with another unit like the magenta and the code comes up the same
only points to the magenta, then yes I would say the sensor is bad.
Before you change the sensor you might try running "L" detect for the black. Put it back in the
black bay and remove any tape. If it gets through "L" detect, run the auto gamma and check
the quality.

Good Luck

DR

jzheld
05-23-2011, 07:03 PM
If you swapped the dev station with another unit like the magenta and the code comes up the same
only points to the magenta, then yes I would say the sensor is bad.
Before you change the sensor you might try running "L" detect for the black. Put it back in the
black bay and remove any tape. If it gets through "L" detect, run the auto gamma and check
the quality.

Good Luck

DR

Thanks for your help, I just not sure how to do "L" detect, and what it does

Desert Rat
05-24-2011, 05:48 AM
"L" detect is the service program that looks at the sensor after changing the developer. It gets a
reading and compares that to a reference for ideal toner to mix ratio.
This is in the service manual. And you really should have one for this machine. I can't stress this
enough. Get the books...

As an example: I have noticed that the cyan color gets weak. The blue turns out purple and the
greens are more yellow. Sometimes I can feel a grainy texture in these area's. I will manually add
cyan toner to the mix. Just about two or three table spoons at a time and turn the gear in the
back with that tool from inside the toner hoppers. Make a copy, if it looks good, then I will
run the "L" detect program for the cyan and set a new operation point for a "correct" mix.

Besides if you replace the sensor the book sez to run the "L" detect program to set a new
operation point for that sensor. It may run without doing this, but the color may off.
You should also run the auto-gamma adjustment. It is just a program, you push a
few buttons to bring it up, then start it. It will adjust itself with this program.

Don't let it scare you,

DR

SCHWARZ
06-24-2011, 04:11 PM
i think you can check the connector in the black developing unit and check the toner bottle black is installed. If the connector and toner bottle black installed correctly, and the machine still error code 2454, you can try i/o check 54-09. start i/o check until the value 130.

owick
06-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Maybe this could help try to make some toner refresh mode, or else here a cowboy style i did this before it is effective by the way. Try to put a cup of toner mix it to the developer. A cup of that black toner is enough. After that try to toner refresh and auto gamma adjust settings again.

jzheld
06-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Sorry was away for some time, I'm fixed the problem just changing the sensor cyan <-> black, it starts to work right away, still working great, I was just testing every single option and that worked for me. Thank you all for your help.

glgprint
08-20-2011, 03:47 PM
i am getting this same error. i have 2 of these machines and swapped the entire developing slide out with the other, and i still get this error. the "L"detect errors on me, along with the auto gamma setup. also when i turn on the automatic developer charge to turn the k auger it errors out, but not on the other colors. i swapped developer motors and drum motors to no avail. also swopped PCB and got nowhere. The older machine we have been running for about four years, and I know that all the parts I am pulling from it are good and operational, but are not making a difference when I put them into the Konica that is throwing the error. I am beginning to think there is either something wrong with the firmware, or something wrong with wiring somewhere...any ideas? Thank you!

Ianizer
08-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Jzheld & Glgprint,

I do get a solution hit on this code, not related to developer.

Take a look at ADU carriage and fuser connectors.

Apparently, a poor connection in the former or Pressure Roller lamp not functioning can throw the code.

If, after cleaning, the code presented, I'd suspect something knocked loose or an obstruction.
The other possibility is that the K TD sensor is cooked. (Fastidious vacuuming can do that.)
As Herrmann said, swapping dev. units is a sure way to isolate that.

Check it out.

HTH.

P.S.
Sorry, Jz, just saw you corrected the problem. I'll leave the post just in case it helps someone else.
-I

marlon29
08-21-2011, 12:46 PM
maybe you should try to look at the charging coronas...I have experience that code also and the cause was the defective charging corona... after replacing the corona, black, I run the toner reresh mode in order to replenish the toner on the developing unit... I hope this would help

rangertech
08-23-2011, 02:46 AM
clean the TCR sensor or replace with another color to make sure trouble in sensor component or mechanic.

ELVICYON
04-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Hello Seniors...

A am facing the same error, 2454 and 2453

toner density for cyan is 222, and it stop with error c2453
I add cyan toner manually and run density sensor check, the value is 74, increasing 90, 120, 130, 140, until 219, 220 and 221 then stop with error c2453,

the toner waste box is filled with cyan toner, equal with cyan toner I've added

is this sensosr fail? motor or other?
please advice

Regards
Elvin

jzheld
04-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Hello Seniors...

A am facing the same error, 2454 and 2453

toner density for cyan is 222, and it stop with error c2453
I add cyan toner manually and run density sensor check, the value is 74, increasing 90, 120, 130, 140, until 219, 220 and 221 then stop with error c2453,

the toner waste box is filled with cyan toner, equal with cyan toner I've added

is this sensosr fail? motor or other?
please advice

Regards
Elvin

Try to change the developers, tape them first of all, and see if the error change or gone, sometimes changing developer powder helps too. How old is the developer?

ELVICYON
04-11-2012, 01:33 PM
I dont know how old this developer,

what's happen if the error change to the developer I swap?

regards

jzheld
04-11-2012, 02:30 PM
if the error code change, than it might be 2 things, toner density sensor, or developer powder, what you can try to swap sensors, just don't forget to tape the tanks, because you will have to turn them, if that won't help, you would have to change the developer.

ELVICYON
04-11-2012, 02:56 PM
for c2453, cyan toner I swap with magenta, it still appears c2453, not change to 2452.... what's that means?

for black toner, I swap with yellow, both are error... I don't know why

Regards

jzheld
04-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Not toner, developer unit

jzheld
04-11-2012, 03:05 PM
what is the % for the developers?

ELVICYON
04-11-2012, 03:23 PM
before swap:
dev y = 130
m = 130
c = 222
k = 224

I swap dev y with k and m with c
result:
y (acctually k) = unreadable
m (acctualy c) = 170
c (acctualy m) = 224
k (acctually y) = 10

confused....!!!

jzheld
04-11-2012, 03:36 PM
the % I'm talking about, counter->details, see what they at, do not do any adjustments, just try to power the machine as regular

ELVICYON
04-11-2012, 06:29 PM
I am sorry.. I Will Check it tomorrow, please keep in touch
thanks for responding

texchar555
04-11-2012, 09:27 PM
hey guys this is how I fixed the issue . If you go to the I/O mode and type in 54-00 for yellow 2451
03 formag 2452
06 for cyan 2453
09 for blk 2454
run it untill it gets between 125-135 and stop exit out of mode and turn machine off.
run toner refresh about 3x and your good to go.

ELVICYON
04-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Hi Texchar555,

thank you so much, I run until +- 130, and turn off the machine.. but.. how to run toner refresh?

wld
07-26-2012, 02:03 PM
KM c6500 error code 2452(M) - I ran the fix suggested on i/o 54-03, but didn't stop it on time between 125-135... now it's wayyy low.
How do I get the number back UP...

now the code is 2422...

Help - I have political mail to get printed and mailed today!
Your replies appreciated!

SEnder
07-17-2015, 08:37 PM
hey guys this is how I fixed the issue . If you go to the I/O mode and type in 54-00 for yellow 2451
03 formag 2452
06 for cyan 2453
09 for blk 2454
run it untill it gets between 125-135 and stop exit out of mode and turn machine off.
run toner refresh about 3x and your good to go.

Big THANKS!

I was cleaning cyan corotron and got this C-2453 after. After replacing corotron again, same fault. Done this procedure for cyan, and well done. Everything is back to normal.

Cheers! and greetings

Regards,
SEnder

Custom Search