PDA

View Full Version : Bypass Setting for C450

Custom Search

Laelo
06-27-2011, 06:48 PM
What are the best settings for card stock in the bypass. Thick 1, 2, or 3? I know it heats it more when it goes through slower. When I print card stock on normal the background shows up and the toner rubs off. Printing on Thick 3 is good but the background is gone? Can some one tell me the best settings?
Thanks in advance!
Cheers :)

minimerlin
06-27-2011, 08:40 PM
You must set the thickness to match the actual stock you are using! Look at the g/m2 on the wrapping then set the bypass thick setting to match. It is not just the fuser speed that is changed but also the transfer voltages.

Laelo
06-27-2011, 09:27 PM
For the card stock I use mostly Carolina 12pt C2S... not sure which is best Thick 1, 2 or 3 ... It sure changes the quality of print thats for sure! What is g/m2? Which gm is for the thick 1 or 2 or 3?

Mr Spock
06-28-2011, 01:52 AM
Check this link out. It has most of the paper types and weights with an approximate gsm^2 listing. With two sided coated I suggest 1 thickness heavier.

Paper Weight - Conversion Chart (http://www.paper-paper.com/weight.html)

Laelo
06-28-2011, 02:56 AM
Thanks... that is great to have on hand! I thought thick 3 was for the heaviest stock cause thick 1 went through the machine faster! Thick 3 was removing the background... wierd :)

Custom Search