PDA

View Full Version : KM C252 will not print from network, also will not print config page from ops panel

Custom Search

Solotime
06-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Like the title says I have a C252 that will not print on the network, direct connect via cross over and also will not print the configuration page from the user screen on the copier. Sounds like a bad nic card to me but hoped someone has seen this before. I formatted the HDD, powered off and all the usual stuff. Can not see anything on the admin setup that would cause this like user authentication or account track being on.
Any suggestions?
If it is a NIC card I have a C352 and a C250 I can swap one out of if they are the same???

mo0651
06-27-2011, 09:46 PM
probably NVRAM. U can try Nvram recovery card. That worked once for us.

Solotime
06-27-2011, 10:22 PM
I don't have a recovery card and not sure how that works. Lot's of KM experience, just not on these color machines. I do have access to a C250, C350, C351 and a C352. Is there any way I can use these to troubleshoot? After reading posts about NVRAM it does sound like this may be the issue. I just need to know what my options are here as this is a new install we did.
Thanks!

EarthKmTech
06-27-2011, 11:41 PM
yep, i second the NVRAM recovery card. When you create the card try the NIC initialize first before the other option.

I've had this issue before and this fixed it, its not that uncommon.

by the way, the NIC is part of the pwb-mfp, if its genuinely faulty the entire board must be changed.

TheOwl
06-27-2011, 11:44 PM
The times that I have seen this, it has just been a case of formatting the HDD and initializing the NIC. Mind you, when I tried to print a Demo Page (from the same area that you print a config page from), it came out all garbled.

You will need another C252 if you want to try swapping parts and so forth as the NIC is on the MFP board and as you can probably understand, the boards of the other machines are different and won't work correctly.

Solotime
06-28-2011, 01:33 AM
So I have ordered a 128mb CF Card. Am I to assume I need to load the recovery info onto the card and try and correct it that way? I have a service manual for the C252 but did not know if the procedure is in the manual or not.
I am feeling better about this issue and that it can be resolved without to much trouble.
Thanks Again

Solotime
06-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Does anyone know where I can get the NIC recovery and NVRAM files so I can try fixing this problem? Also I was wondering if I could try changing out the NVRAM with a C250 one since they have the same part number to at least see if the NIC will work then? That would at least determine that the MFP board was ok.
Thanks

TheOwl
06-30-2011, 11:29 PM
I wouldn't recommend swapping your C250 NVRAM into your C252 as they look the same, but are different in the way they have the information stored on them.

RRodgers
07-01-2011, 12:41 AM
probably NVRAM. U can try Nvram recovery card. That worked once for us.

Yep, bad NVram, had a C450 do this to me.

Solotime
07-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Update: I got the NIC and NVRAM recovery files. The NIC recovery did not fix it. I then ran the NVRAM recovery and followed that up with all of the setup items that have to be reset like serial number, options, HDD and the like. Also the gradation adjustments. The configuration page still will not print from the user screen and now the copies have a large black rectangular block in the middle. Basically there is about an inch and a half border around the page that is perfect with the center part being solid black. So does this continue to look like an NVRAM board failure?
Thanks,
Edwin

ineo+6501
07-06-2011, 04:03 PM
The black box appears when the "from new" installation process has not been followed to the letter.

Also, have you checked that the "Image Controller" is set to "Controller 1" in the service mode?

mo0651
07-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Yep! you've almost got it. The rectangle is from the setup procedure not being done step by step. I'm trying an attachment to help. Don't forget to put in serial #.

Solotime
07-06-2011, 10:31 PM
I beleive I have done all those. Except of course the Imaging unit installation and all of the new machine setup stuff as this is not a brand new machine. Do I need to start all over with the NIC recovery, then NVRAM recovery then the new machine setup steps? I did not do the registration setting since there is nothing wrong with the registration. Could the machine be printing the black block because I did not do that step?

Solotime
07-06-2011, 10:39 PM
I also anly entered the serial numbers for the machine and the ADF. It says I do not need the duplex and I do not have the serial number for the fax board. Is that HAVE to be entered or just the copier serial number?

mo0651
07-06-2011, 10:43 PM
When you do the nvram stuff, it is like a new machine in its brain. You even have to do the touch screen calibration.

Solotime
07-07-2011, 01:48 AM
OK, I went thru each and every step again and now the black block is gone. So I have the copier back. It will still not print via the network and will not print a config page thru the user menu. If you try then go back to utility/counter then the only tab that shows up is the check consumable life tab. So I am assuming this means that the NVRAM board is bad or the MFB board is bad. You can ping the copier fine and it pulls an IP ok in DHCP.
If I do the NVRAM reset with a different NVRAM board would that be the next test. I have one from a C250.....?
Thanks

Ianizer
07-07-2011, 05:38 AM
I'm thinking MFP board.
-I

Solotime
07-07-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm starting to think so unfortunately. So far I have done NIC reset, NVRAM reset, hard drive format AND swap out, replaced a possible bad ribbon cable running from MFP board to PWB M, reseated and swapped out RAM, swapped out NVRAM with a C250 and did the NVRAM again with no change. When you send a print job it just flashes the data light, the print job disappears on the PC like it was completed but there is no job listed on the copiers job list screen. If you try to print the config page from the user screen, the copier hangs and will not let you exit for about 2 minutes then it goes back to the main copier screen on it own. Afterwards there is only the check consumables and banner print tab listed on the utility/counter screens unless you turn off then on the copier. Any other suggestions?

copytechman
07-07-2011, 08:59 PM
This may sound kinda counter productive and I know you flashed the nic and nvram but have you just for giggles tried to reflash the machine proper to the lastest standard version as well?

Regards!
A.

mitchl
07-07-2011, 09:50 PM
This may sound kinda counter productive and I know you flashed the nic and nvram but have you just for giggles tried to reflash the machine proper to the lastest standard version as well?

Regards!
A.
After reading through this thread thats the first thing that occurred to me flash the machine with the latest greatest base FW and see what happens, probably should have been the first step. ....... And just for shits and giggles do a data clear, I've had lots of odd ball problems go away after that simple task........ God I loathe the C250 though a true POS!

Ianizer
07-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Doesn't sound counterproductive at all, Ctm.
Sounds like it probably should have been step-1.
C252? What's that, K0?

Other than that, I wouldn't go back without a MFPB.

-I

copytechman
07-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Looks like GW2-K1 to me, but last "standard" version was indeed k0 by the looks of it.. Good luck!

Regards!
A.

Solotime
07-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Final Update - Problem Fixed!
The K1 firmware update fixed the issue. The program release info sheet even says that it fixes the data light blinking but no print issue.
Thanks to everyone for all their suggestions.

Custom Search