PDA

View Full Version : C220, C280 & C360 faded leading edge second side

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
06-27-2011, 11:49 PM
has anyone else noticed that every single one of these machines, even out of the box, has a faded second side leading edge? If not, try it out, any colour, any half tone, full page - you'll see it :cool:

I'm yet to see one that doesnt (on metric paper sizes anyway)

So far this is a known issue and there is no fix for it what so ever. Its not the factory misalignment of the 2nd transfer section/duplex drive door either.

Its a failure in 2nd transfer as the faded section on the page is still on the transfer belt. Never used to have these issues with the other machines having 2nd transfer retraction mechanisms. Cant help but feel this design is responsible.

richd
07-09-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm sure you can adjust the 2nd side transfer voltage to address this issue :rolleyes:

EarthKmTech
07-09-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm sure you can adjust the 2nd side transfer voltage to address this issue :rolleyes:

Nup.

nothing at all gets rid of it, tried every adjustment known to man kind - thats the first thing i tried.

Its currently being investigated in Japan.

EarthKmTech
07-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Japan has responded with a solution.

For anyone interested this issue is caused by separation timing at the 2nd transfer roller.

It is set in this conservative manner so as to allow poor quality thin paper stock to feed through the machine without jamming at 2nd transfer.

The adjustment made up to minus 1.5mm in paper separation 2nd side adjust under image adjustments cures the problem to an acceptable level. going too far will cause jamming at 2nd transfer especially on duplex prints or poor quality thin paper stock.

TBA to be released shortly.

MILLER4157
07-19-2011, 06:07 AM

i agree, this is how i fixed it in the past, but def. good news that konica has a solution. is there a kb article number?

EarthKmTech
07-19-2011, 10:23 AM
2nd transfer roller voltage adjustment made no difference what so ever for this machines issue or others ive seen like it. The paper separation adjustment, 2nd side, cures it every time.

Has made my life alot easier!

Fozzer
08-03-2011, 09:13 PM
i May have a similar problem,

2nd edge about 5mm-1cm long it completely fades the image to white.

replaced secondary transfer roller and performed modification to adjust side door but problem still occuring.

it seems strange when it only occurs if the customer uses 150gsm but on 80gsm it works fine!.

any ideas?

Custom Search