PDA

View Full Version : AR151 light copies

Custom Search

choicecopyguy
08-30-2007, 08:42 PM
I have an AR151 with light copies on the rear frame side. Have replaced drum unit, DV unit, cleaned the optics, cleaned the LSU, checked the alignment of the optics. The main charge is on the drum unit so that has been changed. the contact points seem O.K. The toner is not on the drum so it is not a transfer issue. What am I missing? Any help or thoughts appreciated.

dbrownlee
08-30-2007, 08:53 PM
T/S charger, maybe? White strip under glass, optics clean. Internal test prints ok?

choicecopyguy
08-31-2007, 03:14 AM
Have replaced the T/S unit and cleaned the contacts. Glass, mirrors, white strip all clean.

Mr Spock
08-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Make sure that this little machine is level or it will do this in a heartbeat.
other than that check the main charge grid. I have seen one that looked good but was slightly touching the drum causing a slightly light spot.

choicecopyguy
08-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Have replaced entire drum unit including M/C. Machine is level. Test print shows same, so that rules out optics and CCD. This little bugger is getting on my nerves.

blackcat4866
09-04-2007, 01:34 AM
Seen this. It was the laser unit (DUNTK0013QS11). It was the same for me. I changed all those things first. If you haven't had a scanner out the whole scanner has to come off. Do this in shop if possible.

wagon
09-04-2007, 06:33 AM
I don't know this model BUT I have seen this kind of problem when the laser slit glass is dirty. It used to happen a bit with Minolta Di251/351 after the toner bottle seal leaked and the fans sucked toner through the machine! You had to use a thin rag on a ruler and shove it through the gap to clean the slit glass (otherwise the laser had to come out - a 2 hr job).

Does this help?

Custom Search