PDA

View Full Version : Problem With C550 HDD

Custom Search

mindhunter
07-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Hello EveryBody.
Last Month I bought a c550 Copier . But Unfortunately it doesnt have HDD on the board . So i Buy a HDD 60GB and borrow a C550 HDD From one of my Friends . I do anything to back up it but i cant do it anyway . I test Every Backup Or Clone Program such (Norton Ghost, Acronis true image and so...........).
But I really I Cant Do it Anyway . and i need to install mailbox and scan/fax Pages on copier . I really need them.
Please If Anyone can help me or suggest me what i have to do ? Please Tell me .

Thank For your Helps.

Mindhunter.

And a small guidence . How can i Copy on Transparency In FullColor Mode?

emujo
07-25-2011, 02:35 AM
The C550 comes with the HDD. Sounds like someone removed it prior the sale. You may have to enter service mode, deinstall the HDD, install the new HDD, then back into service mode, re-install the HDD then format it. There is no firmware on the drive to worry about. User boxes are available when HDD is installed. As to x-parencies...bypass tray, select full color. Emujo

mindhunter
07-25-2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks.But I cant Find x-transparency on bypass tray .

ineo+6501
07-25-2011, 08:43 AM
I think it's in the special paper section on the tray settings screen

emujo
07-25-2011, 06:44 PM
It's an available selection on both my C552 and C451 so I know it's valid. It may be a fimware issue, bring it up to R6 if you don't see it. From Copy screen, touch paper/bypass tray/tray settings. It should be on the 1st page. For printing, under preferences, open the basic tab and drop down paper type. Use the bypass tray for this media. Emujo

mindhunter
07-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Thank You . I can Solve My First Problem about the HDD. But still i cant find x-transparency.

Woxner
07-27-2011, 01:56 AM
Actually if I am not mistaken these come with minolta software in the background. They made it tough to just buy one off the shelf

emujo
07-27-2011, 01:59 AM
nothing is preloaded on the drive, but that doesn't keep KM from charging 400 for the drive. Emujo

Ianizer
07-27-2011, 06:48 AM
Thank You . I can Solve My First Problem about the HDD. But still i cant find x-transparency.

Look for "OHP" (Overhead Projection).
And make sure it's a tranparency for plain paper copiers, else you'll be looking for a fuser next.
-I

Custom Search