PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C6500 Duplex Registration

Custom Search

PoonKing5000
08-04-2011, 08:40 PM
I have a machine with about 4million copies on it and the second side of a duplexed copy is about 1/16" shorter (left to right) that the front side. The lead edge lines up pretty good but the trail edge is where you can see the difference. Is there any common cause for this issue (duplex registration roller)?

Thanks
Andy

PoonKing5000
09-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Anyone???

Ianizer
09-03-2011, 01:33 AM
I'll give it a shot.
Got any samples?
It's worth mentioning, that's slightly over 1.5mm skew. 2.0mm is your K-M sanctioned tollerance I do believe.
-I

JustManuals
09-03-2011, 04:09 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

JR2ALTA
09-03-2011, 06:08 AM
Run the set up test chart in maintenance mode like when you unboxed it One is specifically for second side.

But...Konica's aren't great with optical registration.

DITTO the tolerance point above.

Ianizer
09-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Run the set up test chart in maintenance mode like when you unboxed it One is specifically for second side.

But...Konica's aren't great with optical registration.

DITTO the tolerance point above.

I've found them to be not horrible, JR, but it might be a matter of how much money you want to throw at the problem (and time being money, I include that in the statement). The specification is probably a function of economics as much as anything.

We've been able to achieve fairly good registration, but all SW & PM intervals must be kept up to date.

-I

rrrohan
09-18-2011, 02:26 PM
I would just give all the rollers in Duplex unit a good clean. so long as its not skewing he customer can just do a image shift adjustment on the fiery

Ianizer
09-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Just revisited Mr. 5000's original post. At second read, it looks like a duplex magnification issue.

Yes, it's not uncommon to see some second-side 1:1 variance, typically most visible with large & thick stock. Simply put, the heat, pressure, and applied electrical charging changes the properties of the paper.

In this case, Manuals may have posted the more helpful comment.

-I

Custom Search