PDA

View Full Version : AR-507

Custom Search

T911
09-17-2007, 02:46 PM
JAMMING IN DUPLEX. COMING OUT OF THE DUPLEX UNIT IS WHEN IT HAPPENS THE MOST. TIMING IS OFF SOMEWHERE. TRIED ALL DRAWERS SAME DEAL. ANYONE KNOW OF COMMON PROBLEMS WITH THIS UNIT. THANKS T

pjdbm
09-17-2007, 07:53 PM
many problems with this unit, its a pos!

Check and replace the two duplex clutches

Check and or replace orange anti curl rollers

Timing is the reg. clutch

Toner Boy
09-18-2007, 03:01 AM
Jamming symptoms are usually first evident during duplex, then get worse as wearing continues and jams happen from single-sided as well.
Clean the pre-registration rollers (and the main registration roller as well) and your jams should get less frequent (or disappear for the present) but roller replacement is the best real fix. We also tighten the springs that hold the white pinch roller pressure on the pre-registration roller.

blackcat4866
09-19-2007, 01:38 AM
Other common duplex problems are:

Paper cuts in the fins in the duplexer base, to the rear, just below the de-curl roller.

Orange de-curl roller shredding.

The inverter gate solenoid may have been oiled (hopefully not by you).

Black plastic ears holding the clear duplex guide dry out and bust off due to fuser heat.

Duplex feed switch returns too slowly. Add 1 additional wrap to return spring.

Duplex side guide home position sensor is unplugged because the wiring harnass is too tight.

But here's the most likely: The bypass clutch overdrives, overlapping the 2nd side page with a 1st side. Replace the bypass clutch (or paper feed assembly, includes bypass clutch).

I have to ask... What Jam Codes?

JDE75
10-08-2007, 06:19 PM
I was going to say I've had this problem with a few of these units and by doing the clutches and replacing the curl adj rollers seemed to fix the problem.

Custom Search