PDA

View Full Version : Minolta CS Pro EP5000 Service Mode

Custom Search

Copier_Guy
09-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Could someone please instruct me on how to enter service mode for the Minolta EP5000 and how to clear a Maintenance message. I don't know the exact message since I haven't visited the site yet. Just the info the customer has given me. If someone has a detailed service manual for this unit, that would be great and even better. Thanks all for your time and consideration.

leo34staffs
09-21-2007, 12:06 AM
im sure its stop 0 stop 1 then that will take you into svc mode then got counters, theres about 10 touch boxes on there so you will find it by trial and error.

Copier_Guy
09-21-2007, 01:46 AM
im sure its stop 0 stop 1 then that will take you into svc mode then got counters, theres about 10 touch boxes on there so you will find it by trial and error.

Thanks alot. Once I get in there, I'll be able to figure it out.
While I have you here, would you know what the Error Code C0996 relates to?

Thanks again.:)

bgbas
09-21-2007, 12:44 PM
I believe that code relates to the the 3rd or large capacity cass. Those lift gears go out periodically.
A nice feature of these machines is that the counter, trouble tab in the service mode will tell you what the error code relates to.
Good luck

Copier_Guy
09-21-2007, 04:53 PM
I believe that code relates to the the 3rd or large capacity cass. Those lift gears go out periodically.
A nice feature of these machines is that the counter, trouble tab in the service mode will tell you what the error code relates to.
Good luck

Thanks, it did just that. I have a manual I bought from some site, but I think it's incomplete, because it just has theory of operation and not troubleshooting or error codes, so if anyone has this manual, could you please share with me. Thanks again.

Thanks for your help bgbas.

Darren King
09-21-2007, 09:13 PM
I don't have a manual to send you, but I can tell you that code has to do with the large capacity tray's failure to open after the button on the front has been pressed. There is a solenoid in the back that releases to open the drawer. If the drawer is opening and still getting the code the sensor near the solenoid is likely dirty.
Hope this helps
Darren

Copier_Guy
09-21-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't have a manual to send you, but I can tell you that code has to do with the large capacity tray's failure to open after the button on the front has been pressed. There is a solenoid in the back that releases to open the drawer. If the drawer is opening and still getting the code the sensor near the solenoid is likely dirty.
Hope this helps
Darren
Thanks Darren,

That helps a lot. The tray does open and I see the solenoid and latch mechanism in the rear. I'll check that sensor the next time I'm there.
Thanks for the help.

chand
10-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Could someone please instruct me on how to enter service mode for the Minolta EP5000 and how to clear a Maintenance message. I don't know the exact message since I haven't visited the site yet. Just the info the customer has given me. If someone has a detailed service manual for this unit, that would be great and even better. Thanks all for your time and consideration.
Hello.
I want a service manual of ep-5000..

Please send me this to my mail
owninn@msn.com

i am waiting your reply
from
U copier
Rahim Yar Khan
Pakistan

denis stokes
07-08-2008, 02:06 AM
Hello.
I want a service manual of ep-5000..

Please send me this to my mail
owninn@msn.com

i am waiting your reply
from
U copier
Rahim Yar Khan
Pakistan
Hi i have an EP 5000
The copier generally works well but it produces
a smudge on the right hand side of each copy.
I have changed the E ram module on the back with another and this makes it worse. can you please help me. iam also looking for the general service codes

deep
07-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Hi denis,

What make you change the RAM for a smudge copy?
Change the RAM Board back.

It should be toner leaking from the DV or upper fuser roller failed.
Check it.

denis stokes
07-14-2008, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the info.
I ahve replaced the ROM.
Can you please advise what adjustments need to be made when changing the developer/drum assy.
I have a spare from another machine.
Regards
Dennis

denis stokes
07-15-2008, 01:21 AM
Hi denis,

What make you change the RAM for a smudge copy?
Change the RAM Board back.

It should be toner leaking from the DV or upper fuser roller failed.
Check it.

Can you please advise what adjustments should be made after changing the developer/drum assy.
Dennis

denis stokes
07-15-2008, 01:26 AM
Please advise what adjustments must be made when changing the developer/drum ass on a EP5000.
Dennis

nmfaxman
07-15-2008, 03:50 AM
Clean the machine, then clean it better, then clean it even more.
Run 200 copies. The deposits will be obvious because the area toner drops in will be dirty.

deep
07-15-2008, 06:43 AM
If the spare unit is in condition and the copy quality is good, no adjustment is necessary.

If bad copy was found (too dark or too light), you have to carry out Auto and Manual Exposure adjustments.

denis stokes
07-18-2008, 01:54 AM
If the spare unit is in condition and the copy quality is good, no adjustment is necessary.

If bad copy was found (too dark or too light), you have to carry out Auto and Manual Exposure adjustments.

Thanks for the info.
Can someone tell me what the two switches are for on the side of the transfeer unit. the switches are marked "drum" and Paper.
Dennis

deep
07-18-2008, 02:04 PM
The switches are for Drum Dehumidifier Heater and Paper Dehumidifier Heater and may be OPTIONAL to some countries.

denis stokes
08-27-2008, 01:50 AM

Dear people.
I have a Minolta Di151 photo copier, does anyone know if there is a PC interface for this machine ? if so where can one be obtained from.
Regards
Dennis Stokes

faudhi
12-28-2008, 04:07 AM
Hi Friends..
Now I am facing problem with Photocopy I need your help about Minolta EP5000 with message on the screen is "Preventive Maintenance Time ! Please Call Your Technical rep. and Provide the following Code " CODE : M3...

Help me Please How to clear this message...
Thankyou For your Attention...

Faudhi.

Mark B
12-30-2008, 04:00 PM
The way I would clear that code is by putting the machine in the dumpster and buying a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Custom Search