PDA

View Full Version : e-S3510c got me stumped.

Custom Search

jonezy999
09-21-2011, 03:21 AM
One 3510c I look after has the following condition and I would like to hear some of your thoughts as I'm a little baffled by this. Ok, here goes.

The original call was customer can not adjust paper cassette guides and missing bottom part of pint. Sure enough the side fence in the cassette had been broken. Stole another cassette from a parts machine and swapped them over. Figured this was going to solve the cutting off print part too,, but it didn't.
Now the problem is A4 from either cassette (this machine only has 2 cassette, 1x A4 1x A3) will shift the entire image across the page around 5mm-10mm. (long edge feed, shifts image away from short edge and drops off bottom of page). This only happens when using A4. Using A3 from either cassette will leave the image how it should be. A4 from the bypass is perfect also.
Where would you start to troubleshoot his one?

michaelc
09-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Have you tried swapping the sizes over, A3 in the A4 cassette and vice versa. Also trying an A4 from the bypass. Fault sound like one of those where you think to yourself 'Nice easy call now then I am off home'. Then you get boned.

It is weird that the A3 is fine.

mckinley
09-21-2011, 08:59 PM
sounds like the registration drive assembly to me :-)
there's a shaft with 2 gears on it, one of the gears has a one way bearing built in it, the one way bearing wears the shaft down & then slips, so the reg roller stalls, weirdly it mainly only shows the problem on A4 :-)

i had the same on a 3520c & it would jam on duplexing (only A4) but work on all other sizes, the registration was out by a good 10mm +, the reg roller never turned (yet the paper fed through) gave up thinking about how the paper managed to pass through reg rollers that weren't turning. :rolleyes:

emujo
09-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Sounds like the front to rear reg has been "adjusted" through service mode. I belive you can adjust each tray using 08/497 (from the 452 SM, but generally speaking, Toshiba codes are 90% the same from MFP to MFP) Emujo

Custom Search