PDA

View Full Version : CQ c6500 paper crimp in the middle of 11x17

Custom Search

jzheld
09-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Doesn't happend all the time but in 20% it is like that, do it only to 20-28lb 11x17, checked all rollers, seems to be good. Can anybody help me. Thank you. John

blackcat4866
09-22-2011, 01:32 AM
Looks like moist paper to me. Have you tried fresh paper?

The longer papers are more susceptible to wrinkling, as is duplexed prints. =^..^=

jzheld
09-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Looks like moist paper to me. Have you tried fresh paper?

The longer papers are more susceptible to wrinkling, as is duplexed prints. =^..^=

Tried fresh paper, now it's doing it for both single and double sided, almost all the time

blackcat4866
09-27-2011, 01:20 AM
Next thing to look at is the fuser unit.

Ianizer
09-27-2011, 03:54 AM
Fuser issue. Aged rollers out of round... Either due to lots of copies, or not enough copies. Nip band width out of tweak.

I'm absolutely positive it's either that or something else.

Or crummy paper.

Information. I crave information. What's machine age, copy count, paper type, customary storage, environment, usage type, FW version, PM levels, and anything else you'd like to provide.

-I

empiru
09-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Had this one on 2 C6500s; in my case (s) the problems were totally different from one another but since I think you're an end user, I'd suggest you call a tech and pay him to solve your problem. Good luck!

PS: in my cases, the fusing units were fine - no problems there.

maccenterpc
09-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Note paper output is set to face up or down. Try to arrange face-up.

Note whether the paper type is set correctly.

If the above are ok, check the roller bearings top and bottom of the fuser unit.

Ianizer
09-28-2011, 03:24 AM
Had this one on 2 C6500s; in my case (s) the problems were totally different from one another but since I think you're an end user, I'd suggest you call a tech and pay him to solve your problem. Good luck!

PS: in my cases, the fusing units were fine - no problems there.
Innnnterestink...
Ditto the user on the end.
Jam it! No guts, no glory!
-I

RRodgers
09-28-2011, 06:01 AM
Next thing to look at is the fuser unit.

Yep, check the fuser entrance guide as well as the exit guide plate. I've had wrinkles due to one of the screws that hold the springs on a C500 work loose. Weird to see, but it did happen and it was wrinkling.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll find it.

Custom Search