PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7020, call service....

Custom Search

Hansoon
09-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Don't know this pre-merger machine cause usually I'm doing Minolta or after-merger KonicaMinoltas.

Customer called me saying that there are often jams when doing long runs. When this happens the display shows "CallService" I asked them but they said there is no service code. Paper just stopped in the machine but is not "jammed" or crinkled or warped.
Furthermore does the display show from time to time "Printer Error" and when scanning it does not read the original but keeps waiting saying "Initializing"
When firing up the display is showing "Needing Service" or WTTE.

Though information is rather confusing and bleak, any ideas where to start looking?

Hans

RRodgers
09-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Don't know this pre-merger machine cause usually I'm doing Minolta or after-merger KonicaMinoltas.

Customer called me saying that there are often jams when doing long runs.

Check and clean the one ways for the paper feed. There is also some in the fuser for it's drive.

When this happens the display shows "CallService" I asked them but they said there is no service code. Paper just stopped in the machine but is not "jammed" or crinkled or warped.

Hmmm... I'd have to double check the data base, but sometimes customers call paper jams "call for service"

Furthermore does the display show from time to time "Printer Error" and when scanning it does not read the original but keeps waiting saying "Initializing"

Print controller might be going out. (well the hard drive in it)

When firing up the display is showing "Needing Service" or WTTE.

Might be time for a PM

Though information is rather confusing and bleak, any ideas where to start looking?

Hans

Good luck and I hope this helps.

BIG PAPA
09-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Start by looking in the service mode and seeing what error codes they are getting.

Hansoon
09-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Start by looking in the service mode and seeing what error codes they are getting.

And how to enter the service mode please?

Hans

BIG PAPA
09-27-2011, 08:04 PM
There are 3. 25, 36 and 47. Hold down the numbers while turning on. In 36 print your managment list and see what codes they are getting.

Hansoon
10-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Turns out the code is F28-3. Searched the database here and it seems to stand for HV TS corona arcing.

What do you guys do in such cases except cleaning of the TS corona?

Hans

mervyn
10-12-2011, 04:21 PM
You need to replace the tc unit , the end blocks can go bad.

CraigW
10-12-2011, 04:34 PM
It will pass a copy with the T/S corona out as a test.

The other possibility would be the HV coupler mounted on the side door, the grey rubber sheets arc through over time. It it is white it will be brittle.

Custom Search