PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Toshiba E-Studio 3510c Email setup

Custom Search

CaptnRed
09-23-2011, 03:48 AM
Toshiba E-Studio 3510c

Hi Folks, Have a few of these bad boys out in the field, need to setup email and be able to have the copier send me reports on counter/errors as needed.

To enable this function where and what do I need to enter?

The locations do not have an email server.

Much appreciated.

mckinley
09-23-2011, 06:45 AM
you need to setup the SMTP Client in top access (basically setup normal scan to email), then enable some codes in 08 mode (769 to 1, 770 to 1, 772 to 1 & i think 774 to 1 from memory)
then in the Admin screen of the copier, a tab should appear which says "service", select that & then you will find the screen to select email notification, you can enter uoto 3 email addresses to send to & can choose if you want Counter, PM due or Call for service (or a combination of the 3) also with the counters you can select a day / date / time to send them at.

emujo
09-23-2011, 01:42 PM
SInce you mentioned "no email server at account" you will have to provide the customer an exchange/smtp server to utilize. Personally, I'd say "sorry, w/o this, no can do". My reasoning behind this is;
You have to use some 3rd party mail program (Google Mail, Yahoo, verizon etc), and when it stops working because someone changed a port or account expired, you will get the call and have to fix it "it used to work just fine" Emujo

CaptnRed
09-24-2011, 07:10 PM
mckinley (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/mckinley.html) emujo (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/emujo.html)

mckinley & emoujo thanks.
This coming week I will activate it on my clients copier.

emujo, as far as your advise to saying no, I agree with you. These customers though wont be using that function, only need the counter report. When I sell more these units I will be sure that customers have their own email server. Or at least be sure they understand it's 3rd party. It depends on the personality and IQ level of customers.....

Thanks again guys,

captnred

TheOwl
09-27-2011, 02:05 AM
08-738 <Machine ID or other identifier your company will recognise>
08-767 1 - Enable Counter notifications
08-768 <Email address that notifications are to be sent to>
08-769 1 - Send notifications per month (1 would mean once per month)
08-770 20 - Date of month that notification is to be sent (20 would mean the 20th of each month)
08-776 0400 - Time at which the notification is to be sent (0400 would mean 4 o'clock in the morning)

You will also need to go into TopAccess and enter in all the SMTP and Email details as well (sorry, can't remember the 08 codes for that).

This should work on all machines up until the eBX machines as the eBX machines have had all the 08 codes changed.

Custom Search