PDA

View Full Version : Way of slowing down prints on c500?

Custom Search

dagoof
09-24-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm having problems with a c500 taking glossy stock through the bypass - other stocks are fine but with this particular stock it will always take the first sheet and jam on the 2nd (it will also take them as one-off prints no problem). I have it set for coated stock, 256gsm.

I think there's a function on the 6500 called 'CPM Down' that allows you to slow down prints, but what about the c500? Or is there any other work-around I could try (I don't mind how tricky it is!)?

Ianizer
09-24-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm unfamiliar with a 'slow-down' mode, for either 8050, C500 or C6500. Setting for coated-thick stock should show things down however (manipulation of speed being the primary method of applying more heat to thick stocks).

My concern would be isolating whether a driver or engine issue before moving forward.

Please deprive bypass of paper and send document. Observe the print alert (i.e., "Please load Letter LEF Coated xxx-xxx GSM Paper", something like that). Observe if the message matches, precicely, your intended stock choice. (Pay particular attention to size orientation; LEF vs SEF.)

-I

RRodgers
09-25-2011, 01:48 AM
Check "gloss" in the driver and that will help as well. Also, how's the fuser web look?

dagoof
09-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks guys, both always helpful.

I'm not sure the buck stops with it but I think there is a driver issue involved - I set the stock on the 500's panel (coated, size & also set to gloss mode) and instruct the driver to take from the bypass (and also gloss on driver) but when I fire it through the RIP the panel always shows 'auto-select tray invalid - please stop and select another tray'. From there I can select the bypass/stock but not put it back on gloss mode. So, it's actually not possible for me to deprive the bypass and send the document in order to gain more info, it's fixated on the tray!

RR - this box has only done 160k (!) so I'm assuming the fuser's good but will have a look.

Custom Search