PDA

View Full Version : e Studio 451c

Custom Search

richs
09-26-2011, 03:51 PM
I am wonder what people think of these machine.We might be looking after a few of them and want to know if they are good machines?

emujo
09-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Too old, run away..maybe the 3510C series if you have someone willing to put the effort into keeping them clean. I doubt Toshiba will be offering any driver updates for future OS releases, and you'll be trying to expain this to your customers. Emujo

mckinley
09-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Great machine as long as they dont get used as full colour, the maximum ratio should be 70% black to 30% colour
Wouldn't say to old though :) production on the 451c only finished this year, how many machines have tosh made that they have ran with for 6 years (without re-naming)

If they are being used heavily on colour then i would agree to stay away, main issue to watch for is the 5.1v supply being setup correctly, there was a modded psu bought out, but you can adjust the exsisting psu if the voltage is to low. loads of problems are caused by the 5.1v being to low.

being as production only ended on 2011, i would imagine atleast windows 8 will be supported :)

michaelc
09-27-2011, 07:51 PM
I like these machines, still work on them a lot. They do need to b kept clean and serviced well. I have many customers who do a lot of colour on them (more than black in some cases) but the company makes a good few pennies out of them.

I am sure models after 2006 have he PSU issue fixed, can't remember which month of 2006 though. Still if you get weird faults its worth a check.

Custom Search