PDA

View Full Version : scanning and printing

Custom Search

luis8832
09-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Going to an account 2moro and i need to network a toshiba e-studio242. I could probably handle the printing with no issue but i am a little leary on the scan section of it. Does anyone have any documentation on how to configure it on this unit or of any software sharp uses for scanning. Any insight would be appreciated.

emujo
09-27-2011, 12:54 AM
There is an encyclopedia of info for this question all over this site. Try a search for SMB scanning, or scan to email. Many techs have posted step by step for various brands. Emujo

TheOwl
09-27-2011, 01:51 AM
Also, there is a real easy way to scan on those devices. You can scan to "Local MFP" and then retrieve the scan from a computer by going to the UNC path of the copier which is \\copierIPaddress\file_share (file://\\copierIPaddress\file_share)

Not the best scenario, but the easiest to setup as all you would really need to do is map a network drive to the scans folder of the machine.

luis8832
09-27-2011, 05:15 AM
Emujo thank you for your short answer but i asked for insight or documentation as to i am not too familiar with toshiba's. I am on the other hand familiar with ricoh, kyocera, and konica. If you cannot give me any useful insight then do me a favor and do not reply to my thread. I on the other hand in my familiar forums do not mind giving insight or a helpful hand when needed. One hand washes the other is my motto. This is the first time i post on this forum, seems like the other forums other techs don't mind helping out. As i stated earlier do not reply to my threads as to i do not appreciate your arrogant response! Thank you for your help! Greatly appreciated.

TheOwl
09-27-2011, 06:04 AM
I don't really think that the response was arrogant, but more so saying that there is plenty of information on how to setup scan to SMB in this forum all ready.

And it can't be the first post in this forum as you already have 134 posts and joined in Dec of 2008.

jonezy999
09-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Emujo thank you for your short answer but i asked for insight or documentation as to i am not too familiar with toshiba's. I am on the other hand familiar with ricoh, kyocera, and konica. If you cannot give me any useful insight then do me a favor and do not reply to my thread. I on the other hand in my familiar forums do not mind giving insight or a helpful hand when needed. One hand washes the other is my motto. This is the first time i post on this forum, seems like the other forums other techs don't mind helping out. As i stated earlier do not reply to my threads as to i do not appreciate your arrogant response! Thank you for your help! Greatly appreciated.

Think u best get on some of that herb and chill out a bit dude. Emujo is a good bloke around these forums and has helped me and many others out.
Now, why not have a quick look at what he suggested, then post back as to exactly how you want to configure your scanning and any questions you have regarding any of the info you are not sure of.

If ya PM me, I can send ya a few relevant pages from the Top Access Admin guide.

emujo
09-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Thanks Jonezy and Owl..someone gets it..Mearly trying to save the original poster the time of waiting until someone posts(or if someone posts) the step by step when I'm sure it's already here somewhere. Emujo

jim v
09-30-2011, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't give the idiot anything. Let him buy the manuals from the manual guy if he has that kind of attitude.

emujo
09-30-2011, 08:52 PM
He took the time to PM me with an apology for the post...I'm ok with it so lets let it die and try to assist. Emujo

jim v
09-30-2011, 09:08 PM
I apoligize to everyone as well, including him. It was none of my business but I know you always help anyone that needs it & I didn't think you deserved to be scolded. It's nice to know we CAN all get along.

Custom Search