PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub C550 P-31 warning for K-imaging unit home position sensor error

Custom Search

jbosman
09-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Does anyone have an answer to this problem?

Shadow
09-28-2011, 03:05 PM
check to see if the transport system is binding at all, or if there is some thing broken or out of place.

cushtyasgold
09-28-2011, 08:32 PM
It sounds like a problem with the Main Drive unit. On the back of this unit is two sensors you can try blowing them out.
I have a couple of machines running with this P Code have not yet had any quality problems but I know it can lead to problems on some machines.

JustManuals
09-29-2011, 12:55 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Ianizer
10-07-2011, 04:43 AM
Been doing battle with this one myself, on one machine.

Even swapped the MPF-PWB... and that's where it got interesting... Had reseated the MFP board connecters for, oh I'd say the third time? Was running test copies, P-31 still came up, but was it less often? Probably wishful thinking... Then, as mysteriously as the nearfault appeared, it vanished.... Ooooo, I HATE it when that happens. Well, sort of a love/hate thing.

Called it good and haven't been back. Yet. (I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.)

I highly suspect the main drive unit; specifically, PS45 & PS46.

-I

kanini
09-16-2013, 10:48 AM
OK, so I have this C650 with the P-31, in a rush tried to get to the Main Drive Unit to Clean the PS45, PS46, but do I need to remove the boards at the back or can I get to the sensors somewhat more easy without having to dismantle the whole unit? Didn't find the sensors after having looked at the parts diagram and searching for about 1½ hour or so... very frustrating =). The image quality is still good, it's just the oil can so I would like to Clean the sensors first... Thank you very much in advance! :)

westvandude
09-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Our tech mentions to add another piece of foam on the blue image unit retainers so it forces the iu closer to the back of the machine. If the K IU moves forward it can damage the drive system. Big $.

Not that related to your issue though.

kanini
10-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the tip about the foam pad, we've already done that on the K unit earlier to avoid the problems connected with the IU not connecting correctly. I guess I have to take the machine apart then, now it's started to not register colors correctly, have to check if the main drive unit is OK or not. If anybody has any other tips for easier access to the main drive unit I'd appreciate it, not looking forward to take out all the mainboards etc...

nvram
10-23-2013, 10:32 PM
OK, so I have this C650 with the P-31, in a rush tried to get to the Main Drive Unit to Clean the PS45, PS46, but do I need to remove the boards at the back or can I get to the sensors somewhat more easy without having to dismantle the whole unit? Didn't find the sensors after having looked at the parts diagram and searching for about 1½ hour or so... very frustrating =). The image quality is still good, it's just the oil can so I would like to Clean the sensors first... Thank you very much in advance! :)

These 2 sensors need cleaning, but be very careful not to damage the encoder, if the p31 continues without attention, the machine will also develop c225b error, this is due to the dcps failing.
si

kanini
11-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the tip nvram, I'll be careful. I've now taken the machine apart as far as I've gotten to the color and K pc drum motors, but do I really need to remove the color PC drum motor also to get to the PS45&PS46 sensors (K PC encoder sensor 1&2)? Want to avoid the adjustment procedure. Service manual doesn't show any pics of the sensors as they are part of the main drive assy.

Do i really need to remove the whole main drive assy to get to the sensors to clean them?? It seems like a lot of work just to get to the sensors, does anybody know where these sensors are in relation to the K PC drum motor for example?

Thanks a lot! :)

avecosat
11-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the tip nvram, I'll be careful. I've now taken the machine apart as far as I've gotten to the color and K pc drum motors, but do I really need to remove the color PC drum motor also to get to the PS45&PS46 sensors (K PC encoder sensor 1&2)? Want to avoid the adjustment procedure. Service manual doesn't show any pics of the sensors as they are part of the main drive assy.

Do i really need to remove the whole main drive assy to get to the sensors to clean them?? It seems like a lot of work just to get to the sensors, does anybody know where these sensors are in relation to the K PC drum motor for example?

Thanks a lot! :)
No , you donĀ“t need to remove the main drive unit but be careful and they are right behind the K PC drum motor , in BLSJ you have a bulletin about this sensors .:D

copier tech
03-07-2014, 09:19 AM
I have the same issue but on a C552, is there away to blow out the sensors from inside the machine, say by removing all IU's then blower brush air through the back of the machine, or is that a bit hit & miss!?

nvram
03-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Unfortunately it's not that easy, you have to access it from the back.

copier tech
03-08-2014, 10:38 AM
So what do I need to remove to clean these sensors on a C452? & how long should I allow to do it?

Thanks

Joana
05-02-2018, 11:32 PM
So what do I need to remove to clean these sensors on a C452? & how long should I allow to do it?

Thanks

I also want to know how to find these sensors to clean? I have c451

copier tech
05-04-2018, 12:09 PM
I also want to know how to find these sensors to clean? I have c451

Check the manual for location, but you can access it by swinging out the controller box, I got in there with a can of air spray gave it a blast clean all good. Word of caution the disk is fragile & easy to warp so dont try & wipe it clean!

Joana
05-14-2018, 10:08 PM
Check the manual for location, but you can access it by swinging out the controller box, I got in there with a can of air spray gave it a blast clean all good. Word of caution the disk is fragile & easy to warp so dont try & wipe it clean!

according to the manual I can see these here Screenshot by Lightshot (http://prntscr.com/jhvkiw) and actual sensors here Screenshot by Lightshot (http://prntscr.com/jhvm18)

BUT the question - where to stick air blower trying to blow these sensors? Do i need to dismantle PWB-MFP plate to reach them? What to unscrew to swing controler board?

What should I take out reaching them for a blow? :)

Joana
05-15-2018, 12:40 PM
updates - from yesterday was trying to get to the main drive. So i did it (8 hours of continuous work, was trying to do it very accurately). Still don't know how to dissemble it and actually afraid to - because I think will need to calibrate main drive unit?

But anyway decided to blow with air. Were looking a best spot to blow and I have noticed the thin encoder disk. while rotating motor - I can see it is bent a little on one side.

Here are the pictures

Should I start looking a new main drive unit or take out all drive unit and try to unbend the encoder disk? possible?

Phil B.
05-15-2018, 05:07 PM
updates - from yesterday was trying to get to the main drive. So i did it (8 hours of continuous work, was trying to do it very accurately). Still don't know how to dissemble it and actually afraid to - because I think will need to calibrate main drive unit?

But anyway decided to blow with air. Were looking a best spot to blow and I have noticed the thin encoder disk. while rotating motor - I can see it is bent a little on one side.

Here are the pictures

Should I start looking a new main drive unit or take out all drive unit and try to unbend the encoder disk? possible?

cannot "unbend" replace the unit

Joana
05-16-2018, 09:28 AM
cannot "unbend" replace the unit

Have taken out main drive unit, yes its impossible to bent. Its very fragile. Dont understand how it could be bent :mad: So looking for new one

Phil B.
05-16-2018, 02:58 PM
Have taken out main drive unit, yes its impossible to bent. Its very fragile. Dont understand how it could be bent :mad: So looking for new one

heat buildup in the box can warp a disk like that.

copier tech
05-16-2018, 06:17 PM

They usually get bent by engineers trying to clean them!

Custom Search