PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Toshiba e-Studio 230 Network Initializing

Custom Search

openroad
09-30-2011, 03:43 PM
I have an e-Studio 230 and it worked great, scanning, copying faxing. We changed the router and the now I can't get into the administrator section because it is constantly stuck in 'Network Initializing'. I have tried going into 08-693 over and over and cant get that to work either. I just need to reset the ip address and the gateway.

Any thoughts on how to do this?

Thanks.

BigDog
09-30-2011, 04:30 PM
You may be able to reset the NVRAM on the NIC
1. Replace the OP2 jumper to the FACT side
2. Turn ON the machine
* when the power is turned ON, the green LED indicator flashes 3 times, then the Green and Amber LED indicator flashes alternately. this indicates the NVRAM restores to default.
3. Turn off machine.
4. Replace the OP2 jumper to default side.
hope this is helpful

arnh79
09-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Ebridge 1 machines (like the e230) are notorious for having bad NIC's. I've tried the reset procedure, but have had little success. You'll probably have to change the NIC. They are independent from the main board, so they're easy to replace. But not cheap! And do a f/w upgrade after replacement, but before turning on machine for first time.

openroad
09-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Before going down the path of changing the jumpers I removed the thumb drive and did the reset operations again. I waited a few minutes in test mode then entered code 693 and it asked a question to initialize network (Yes / Cancel) and I chose yes. Waited a few minutes. Turned the machine off and on and voila the network initialized and I was able to add my ip addresses and gateway. Thank God the NIC wasn't bad.

It doesn't make sense that removing the thumb drive would have any difference but it did.

Thanks for the help.

Gregg
09-30-2011, 06:46 PM
If It comes back get ahold of me, I have a few NIC cards left from these series busting my balls with the NW Initializing.

Claudio
12-04-2012, 09:30 PM
I have an e230 that randomly shows Network Initialize, but always shows Network Initialize when plugging in the GM2020. I tried 08-693 and the OP2 to FACT reset procedure with green and yellow lighting alternating. Due to the lighting sequence, I believe the NIC is good. Then did 08-693, then 08-947, Waited 15 minutes but still showing Network Initializing. Can someone tell me if my NIC is bad anyways??
Thanks in advance.
Claudio

**The randon Network Initialize is randon only when powering ON, sometimes NT goes away after a couple of minutes (without GM2020) and sometime after 3 or 4 min. still there (without GM-2020). But always has NT when the GM-2020 is installed

Gregg
12-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Get ahold of me Claudio, Ill send you one.

MUMMIM
12-14-2012, 10:58 AM
claudio!

why do you try to update firmware 1 time again?
and you can set

08-947 (when net line to be plug in the copier)
08-690 and try to wait

good luck to you :)

Custom Search