PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba ES855 reproduction ratio off, now I'm lost Help!!

Custom Search

Desert Rat
10-02-2011, 05:48 AM
:confused:
I feel pretty stupid now. Here's how it started.
I got this ES855 for a long time customer. While checking is out I noticed that from tray 1 14" copy was not at 100%.
It was off just a little. I made a couple of adjustments and it just got worse. Putting the settings back did not seem to help.
So I started looking through the handbook, and it got even more worse. I tried using the grid (1 and fax). I could not get
"A" measurement to 200mm and the image was getting further off the page.
When I started I have a test target with a 6" measure on it to measure to check if 100% is 100%. It was off by .1".
Not much for most accounts, but I prefer it to be in spec. So I adjusted 05-340 from 128 up and down and no luck
even when I put it back it was off more than before. Reading in the book I looked at 05-401 using the grid again and still
could not get it to measure correctly and get a copy that was completly on the page.
I ended up adjusting one program at a time and making a copy off the glass and measuring the 6" line till it was 6"
on X and Y axis. The copy was still off the page. So I adjusted the laser start position untill the page was centered
on the X and Y axis. I was doing this from tray one with 14" paper and tray 3 (LCF) with LTR paper. Adjusted the
bypass guide a little to get it into place.
When I ran through the doc feeder the image was off the page by about .5" when originally on checking everything was
sorta ok but I could see it was out of spec a little.
The prgrams I adjusted were in the 05 mode 340, 405, 401, 410.
Now I have to much edge erase at the front of the machine as the paper exits. About 6mm and none at the top as when I
originally started.
I need some help to get this back in the real world. I was on this unit for about 4hours just doing this after about 4 hours
of just taking it apart and cleaning it. My mind is really scrambled right now. I am thinking about putting those 4 programs
back at the defaults and starting over or maybe I will just see if I can correct the feeder cross track as it is.
I'm not sure which would be the best thing to try next. :confused:
I have gone through this on a couple of Canons and things worked out well, but something seems to be lost in translation
on this model.
Anyone up to this challenge?

Thanks

DR

Custom Search