PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba ES355 skewed copy off the glass

Custom Search

Desert Rat
10-14-2011, 01:15 PM
:(
I just got this machine in and need to deliver it today. The copy off the glass is 3.5 mm off center toward the
the front of the machine and 2mm off toward the back.
I don not have the manuals for this box yet. I suspect it had a rough ride to Valley.
The gray registration roller is clean and the tires look fairly new.
It does this from both trays and the by-pass feed.
I did run a printer test grid (1 & fax) that came out square on the page.
Are these scanners prone to getting out of adjust after being moved?
I did notice that the machine was just wrapped and the scanner was not
secured with anything.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

DR

SalesServiceGuy
10-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Ubscrew the two centering pins which are hopefully still attached to the left post of the MR3022 RADF. Screw them into the bottom of the RADF. You will likely have two remove some soft plastic dots or foam from the bottom of the RADF. Loosen the screws that attach the RADF to the copier. Line up the posts into the holes. Tighten up the screws. Test.

michaelc
10-16-2011, 02:37 PM
When copying on the glass with the ADF in the up position. Does it scan/move and light up correctly. Try changing the reg clutch. These have caught me out before.

skynet
10-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Is the feeder sitting level with the machine ? there's a screw in the middle of the hinge spring to adjust this.

Desert Rat
10-16-2011, 10:27 PM
:)
Problem solved,
The problem was skewed copy off the glass. Once I got the books, thanks to "manuals4you" for a bacon
saving delivery at the last minute before I was to deliver this machine. I was able to determine that the
registration needed to be adjusted. It was adjusted to high and this was causing the skew.
But that was done to hide a different problem. I also had to adjust the scan start for the primary &
secondary scan. And it still had no margins, so I adjusted the margins. After that the rest of the machine
checked out fine. No skew in the feeder and the customer is happy with their purchase.
It pays to have the books.
Without them I would not have been able to deliver this machine on time and would have stressed out
all weekend trying to guess what needed to be done.

Thank you all for your suggestions
and

Thanks Paul for a sale saving download, well worth the price.

DR

Custom Search