PDA

View Full Version : Help to reset a Sharp SF 2120

Custom Search

kwyorman
10-05-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm actually an aircraft mechanic :cool: who know just enough about copiers to get me in trouble, so here goes. A retired copier tech & I just finished trying to extend the life of a 2120 drum unit, but he doesn't remember the code to reset the maint dude icon on the panel. Could one of you guys give me the full rundown on the reset codes and how to enter them in the panel? I volunteer at a non-profit, and we don't have the cash to get a tech in to work on this thing. Any idea where I could get my hands on a maint manual (as cheaply as possible, of course) that would walk me through repairs? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :o

blackcat4866
10-05-2007, 11:23 AM
I don't have copies of the old paper manuals, but here is what I remember:

To enter service mode press these keys: orange C, Interrupt, 0, Interrupt. The screen goes black when you've done it right. I used to tell people that its all about the tempo, or the rhythm that you press the keys. It may take a few trys.

To clear the maintenance indication (service man): press 20, start, 1, start (the display will start to flash when entered correctly). Power off/on to make the copier dude go away. Good Luck!

If you read this before my edit, I gave the developer clear simulation 42-01. My memory is improving (a little).

kisha
12-22-2007, 12:33 PM
does anyone how to remove the flashing drum light? I replaced the drum with a new sharp drum and it still has a flashing light. I called sharp for support and they told me to take it back to the store and replace it. I did this ater arguing with Staples for about an hour and the light is still flashing. I am sure that Staples will not return this drum and I am out of $167 please help me remove these lights? Is there a code that I must enter to remove the light? What are the codes for al sharp 1642cs?

Thanks in advance
Kisha

BlueCopy
12-24-2007, 08:35 PM
The drum reset code is 24-07. Basically you press the orange C button, then the interrupt button, then the Zero button, and then the interrupt button again and the display goes black, then you put the code 24, press start and then 7 and press start. After the codes are in press the CA yellow button to exit the simulation. That code should clear the problem.

As to a manual you can try eBay, or precisionroller.com sells them for $30.00 as well as parts etc. they would give you a better deal than Staples. Good luck I hope this helped.

Custom Search