PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic 3520

Custom Search

mysticus
10-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Recently I had a customer who ordered the wrong toner for their 3520 Panasonic. Instead of getting the right toner they took the wrong toner and put it in the right bottle and put it in the machine. Needless to say the unit coded.
My delimma is that the panasonic service manual sucks and does not give good assembly/disassembly diagrams for the imaging and developing unit.
I called panasonic but they were of little assistance. I downloaded the H4 and H5 service manuals...some help but not really what I would like.
Anyone know of where I can get a service manual that is a bit more detailed?

just a tech
10-10-2007, 02:09 AM
the service manual i have is an older one i believe.. it is version 5.1.. it has the disassembly instructions in it too although it's probably the same pictures and steps as the one you have..my manual covers the 3510/20/30, the 4510/20/30 and the 6010/20/30 models..i have worked on these models countless times for countless number of reasons over the last few years.. what is it doing exactly doing?..let me know if my manual is the one ya got and what kinda problems ya having and i'll help in any way i can..

just a tech
10-10-2007, 02:12 AM
P.S.-- at the very least i may be able to "walk" you through some steps about disassembly that may not be covered or at least answer a few questions ya might have.. hope this helps..

mysticus
10-10-2007, 05:55 AM
Is there any other copiers this unit is similar too? I am familiar with Konica, CS, Kyocera Mita, Canon, Minolta, Toshiba, Sharp and Zerox. I have a ton of various manuals at my shop. I don't know why I am so intimidated by this unit :confused:. Maybe it is the over 600 page service manual. It is very tempting to make this the one model I don't mess with.
My plan is to change out the developer, clean off the cleaning blade, and clean out the augers in the imaging unit. I think I have the manual you mentioned.
Also do you have a contact number?

just a tech
10-11-2007, 02:01 AM
as far as similar models,if there are any- i haven't seen them..as for the manual, it's not as bad as it looks..i would hope the customer is being billed for all the crap they caused..what ya gonna do sounds good so far..i would also clean the copy density sensors that are attached to the process unit and the toner hopper itself..

Custom Search