PDA

View Full Version : Sharp AR235

Custom Search

JDE75
10-08-2007, 06:16 PM
I have an AR235 that no matter what I do or replace the CQ is shading and double imaging. I have replaced the drum, drum blade, dv and fuser unit. I don't know if this is a bias problem or what. Any suggestions would help.

Thanks in advance
Jamie

blackcat4866
10-09-2007, 01:45 AM
You know, until I started scanning through my database, I never realized what odd-ball problems the Leopards are prone to. Here are a few I noticed right off:

SharpAR-275C01510Multiple imaging @ 94mm intervals on 20 or more copies.Charge memory due to extreme drum fatigue (96k). Drum is being cleaned.Replace drum (AR-271DR), & blade (UCLEZ0011QSZZ).SharpAR-275C01324Streaks in the feed direction on all copies, receptions, & prints.The pre-transfer guide mylar has peeled up and is making contact with the drum. Especially after installing tray #1 paper feed tires.Re-adhere the pre-transfer mylar with two sided tape (PTPE-0005QSZZ). Replace the drum (AR-271DR) & blade (UCLEZ0011QSZZ).SharpAR-M208NC01500Blurry band 128 mm wide in the feed direction, with streaks & lines in the feed direction. Uneven boundary along the front edge of the blurry area.Defective primary charge assembly.Replace the primary charge assembly.SharpAR-M208NC01500Dark streaks and gritty copies along the rear edge of the copy.Scrap of paper ~.25" x .75" in the primary grid focussing the primary charge & pulling developer along the rear side.Remove any paper from the primary charger. Clean the primary & drum cleaning unit.SharpAR-M237C01409Dark band in the feed direction 11mm wide down the center of the page, not in void areas.Foam pad under light source #1 starts to disintegrate, hangs down into the light path.Remove foam pad under light source #1.SharpAR-M237C01510Dark bands & blurs in the crossfeed direction (1 in 25 printed pages).Poor airflow causes developer burn, damaging the drum coating.Restore airflow. Replace the drum (AR-271DR) & blade (UCLEZ0011QSZZ).SharpAR-M277C01307Round-ish smudges toward the center (front to rear) of the page.Heavy buildup of paper dust under the lower cleaning seal as a result of copying onto construction paper.Vacuum out the paper dust buildup from the cleaning unit. Advise the customer to avoid using construction paper. It is extremely poor quality media.SharpAR-M277C01702Toner sprinkles, heavy in the feed direction.Scotch tape dropped in the bypass tray is caught by the lower cleaning seal, which causes ~30% of the developer to dump.Vacuum up developer dumped. Clean out the process unit. Replace the developer.
Also watch for developer dumping (gritty copies) or gray grit in the right side door. Regardless of the age or copies on the drum. Repace drum, blade, & developer. I don't know why, but the drum can cause the developer to dump, and if you don't change the drum, the new developer will start to dump immediately.

JDE75
10-09-2007, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the info but I have all of this and nothing is working. I replaced the drum, blade, developer and fuser unit and wires but still same problem. it's shading all over the pages and almost double miaging, taking the image I'm copying and putting it somewhere on the margins.

blackcat4866
10-09-2007, 02:02 AM
What interval do the multiple images repeat at? 94mm = drum (doesn't matter if its new), 35mm =registration roller, ~106mm = fuser. If the shadow is landing in the void areas it has to be drum cleaning or fuser.

pjdbm
10-09-2007, 05:43 AM
Did you ever try replacing the transfer roller? Is the ghosting on the drum? stop the copy while in process.

ZOOTECH
10-10-2007, 06:48 PM
I have an AR235 that no matter what I do or replace the CQ is shading and double imaging.

By any chance, was the laser unit just replaced? I had a new setup and the last mirror that reflected laser to drum was installed backwards, i.e. the laser beam shot through the glass than the reflective coating. It gave the same symptom you described.

JDE75
10-22-2007, 03:08 PM
We replaced the transfer roller and already checked the lsu. Only getting shading on trail and lead edges only when it's not being charged. Put in a new drum, ka1, dv, blade, fuser. Help!!!!

blackcat4866
10-23-2007, 02:11 AM
It sounds as thought the drum is not completely discharging beween cycles. The laser is really the only thing that discharges the drum between cycles, and if its working during th copy, it should also work in the voids.

Is this machine in your territory, or does someone else work on it also? I've had a few occasions where a very wierd quality problem resulted from the door spec being jacked. I would try setting the door specs to default, and see if that helps (especially the registration, voids, gamma, & exposure).

abdou
11-12-2007, 07:23 PM
moi je pence que tu a un probleme de toner il faut que tu change le toner si le pprobleme persiste donc change ton corotron de transfere si le probleme persiste donc tu a un probleme de THT

bon courage

Toner Boy
11-12-2007, 08:09 PM
We tried everything we could think of to eliminate heavy backgrounding on all copied pages (printouts would also background but not as much) on an AR-275. Finally we switched the power supply. Don't know if your symptoms are of this nature but don't discount this as a possibility.
Sent it out to Hytec and they fixed it, supposedly by just resoldering connections.

tp0717
11-13-2007, 03:03 PM
I think you must check laser unit.

Mezagog
11-15-2007, 01:51 AM
Three things would cause that Mirrors (possible, but not likely), Lens (scratches or crack) or the laser unit. Of those three, you would be best off swapping out laser units and then go backwards in the scanning process. I say that just because adjusting mirrors is such a :mad: experience

blackcat4866
11-16-2007, 01:57 AM
You didn't specify: Do self prints have the background also? If so, it can't be optical. Laser possibly.

Custom Search