PDA

View Full Version : AR-168 H-codes

Custom Search

ebm
10-09-2007, 02:44 AM
Multiple AR168 machines are popping H3 & H4 codes on us. Everything checks ok w/the fusers,replaced thermistors,reset codes. Sometimes the codes reoccur a few days later. Anyone else having H-code problems? Any ideas? The old SF-models used to have triacs that would fail and give H3(high heat), easy to tell because the lamp would be on constantly. H4 (low heat)codes would almost always come from a failed lamp. Never really experienced erroneous codes being generated before.

TennWalker
10-11-2007, 03:50 AM
On these smaller machines such as the AR-153 and AR-168 the fusers carry a different part number. I have experienced a problem when the copier comes out of "preheat" mode, the toner would rub off the first copy. This would not occur from a cold start. It turns out, I was ordering the wrong part number for the specific model, even though they physically look the same.

Has any other tech adjusted the fuser temperature settings 43-01,04,05,14 or insure that they are at their default settings.

I hope the above helps in some way.

Take Care

ebm
10-11-2007, 06:26 PM
The fusers are the original, only the thermistors were replaced. No adjustment made to fuser temperature.
Thanks for the reply.

blackcat4866
10-12-2007, 01:58 AM
These will blow the thermal switch. In many cases I have changed only the thermal fuse, and did not re-occur. The H3-00 and H4-00 do usually occur after coming out of energy saver, and most of the time there is no apparent reason.

vlad_robas
10-25-2007, 08:55 PM
i got plenty of H4 on AR-5316 reason is the get out of energy for various reasons like: plug out before turn off storm that cuts the line of power off...

Custom Search