PDA

View Full Version : Error Code FS-C8020MFP: System Error F26C

Custom Search

charly76
10-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Hello,

since today my Kyocera FS-C8020MFP shows an "System Error F26C" on the display and asks me to power off an on the machine - but the error is returning every time i restart the printer... does anyone know, what system error F26C means or can tell me what to do (like press stop-button and number 2 button while powering on machine?)

Every help woud be welcome...
Thanx Mike

blackcat4866
10-29-2011, 06:41 PM
That code does not appear in my list, but other codes in the same range indicate a firmware issue. I'd start by re-loading or upgrading firmware. This code does not require a specific reset. Just power Off/On to clear.

You're a Toshiba tech, aren't you? Only Toshiba uses "hold 2 while powering On ... ".
=^..^=

charly76
10-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks for your reply... I'm sorry - but I'm not a Toshiba-Tech.. it was only an example for "press as many keys as possible while powering on ;o)"
But back to my issue: I don't have any idea how to update the firmware - I'm an IT Professional so updating firmware is nothing special for me - but I can't access the printers Webinterface (there I know how to do a firmware update) -> is there any other way? And where can I get the firmware? I didn't find anything on the Kyo-Homepage...
The Printer only shows the welcome-text, then the ECOSYS Logo and then the error-message when powered on...
Thanks for your help!

blackcat4866
10-29-2011, 09:16 PM
On this machine, to load the firmware you would start by downloading the firmware from the Kyocera website. This is the part you're going to have trouble with. You don't have a dealer login. But perhaps Paul can help you out: Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads - Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Then once you have the firmware, you'll extract it, and load it to the root drive of a USB stick, preferably smaller than 2GB (mine is 250MB). Firmware only on the stick.

Power Off the MFP, insert the USB stick and power up. The firmware download will start by itself.

Now the important part: Don't touch anything until you see the "Completed" screen. Take a moment to confirm that firmware levels are recorded for each of the different firmware files. A power outage, or powering off the MFP during firmware download will brick your machine. =^..^=

maku
10-28-2012, 12:40 PM
I had the same error and symptoms with my FS-C8025MFP (bought 4 months ago):(
System Error F26C - power off/on didn't help.:(
Logged a Support Call with Kyocera (I have 3 years KYOLife Support) - but did not receíve a response yet.
(perhaps because I logged the Call on Saturday - and today is Sunday).

After some research in Internet, tried to reset the device by pressing several buttons while powering on.
Don't remember which button exactly was the solution, but I think I pressed the "Stop" "Power" and "Reset"
buttons while I powered on the device via the main power switch. That succeeded! :) Error F26C is gone.:rolleyes:

btw. the last response in this thread was quite a while ago.
I am interested to know how others got the problem resolved.

charly76
10-29-2012, 06:25 AM
when I had F26C - powering off and on 20 - 40 times helped - (sometimes we had to power off the printer for 24h and then try again) - it worked for a while -> and a few days later the error was back...
kyocera sent us an technician who changed the mainboard of our printer - and now it works without error (since about 8 month)
be carefull: when changing the mainboard - all your data and settings are lost - save it before the technician starts working - or tell him to do so...
the technician here told us that nothing would be lost - and afterwards we had to set up the whole printer again :( (Network, User, Fax, Adressbook, Datetime, etc.)

Frits
11-06-2012, 03:36 PM
It's a HD error Format the harddisk if error remains change the PWB

If you need a up todate file of F code mail me

Custom Search