PDA

View Full Version : C250 scan to SMB

Custom Search

boanda
11-01-2011, 10:36 AM
:mad: When i tried to make scan to FTP(without success) I wanted to use again SMB, but it want! I disabled all services running for ftp, did sistem restore, tried new address for machine and comp, new folder share, new machine configuration (smb is on) but hopeless!

what i forgot to do!?!

its win XP x86 os.

is there any factory reset for machine?

PS. firewall is disabled, antivirus too! but it was working with antivirus earlier, know how to allow protocol in settings
:mad:
saw earlier posts and nothing helpful there

maccenterpc
11-01-2011, 11:18 AM
I work with antivirus enabled and have no problems.

If your network has a domain, must be observed and password when setting up SMB.

If not, look at workgroup, cables and sharing settings.

Sorry to say simple things, but that sometimes goes unnoticed.

boanda
11-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Local network, 3 copiers and pc, fixed address for all copiers and pc,using wifi for net , simple file sharing enabled, few different folders shared, i can ping all machines and all print ok, bizhub 250 scan ok,on di3510 scan dont work, i dont know to configure it, but print ok.
After trying to make ftp server on xp problem occurred. I did sistem restore and only c250 want scan

Im tech for minolta/develop copiers and i made over 1000 smb scans wit similar kind of problem, changing the IP or dest folder solve problem,
but on my own i CANT MAKE IT!:mad:

boanda
11-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Installed new system, can ping machine, can print, can ping PC from machine, but still no smb, so it mast be some config on machine...
but what!?!

emujo
11-01-2011, 09:01 PM
On the XP workstation (at SP 3)..

Easy way.. create a new folder in the public shared folder called KMScans (or similar)
In sharing and security settings allow everyone permissions

Go back to MFP user mode/address reg.

Create new one touch..SMB
Host name must be in all CAPS without any "\\" look under control panel/system for host name ie JIM PC
file path will be something like users\public\shared\kmscans. UNC must be exact, if not sure try exploring from entire network, when you get to the folder, copy and past this info into file path, but delete the leading \\hostname (file://\\hostname).
Leave user name/password blank (if possible, some older MFPs require something typed in order to continue, if this is true, just put anything in), then apply.
This should work as you have a open folder with permissions for anybody to get to it. If not you should get some type of error code.."server connect, or login failure" Server connect would probably be a DNS lookup error.

Little more difficult, but more secure...

Add a new user with admin rights. On the root of c:, create a new folder (KMScans ie) under sharing and security, add the new user you created and give full permissons under sharing and security.

At MFP it's basically the same configuration..

Host name is PC name in all CAPS
File path will be kmscans
user name and password you created.

Emujo

boanda
11-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Reflushed machine (because already had latest firm.) and now all works fine!
I,probablu make some mistake while configuring ftp, dont know, but now i have new sistem runing on my pc and reflushed machine:o

Thanx for reply

Custom Search