PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub C250 - Jamming before going into Fuser unit

Custom Search

impaqsol
11-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have a Kon Min C250 that is jamming like a z fold before it gets to the Fuser unit. I have check the registration roller that is what usually happen but it seem to be working OK.

Any ideas what can it be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rad

boanda
11-01-2011, 07:06 PM
paper miss fuser, is fuser ok?

impaqsol
11-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Fuser working ok. I try another fuser from another machine that is working.

Thks,
Rad

emujo
11-01-2011, 08:42 PM
You said you checked the 2nd X-fer roller...what does this mean? Try replacing the roller, as this is a usual symptom when it starts to go...visual inspection won't tell you much. Emujo

adastra100
12-19-2011, 10:11 PM
I am having the same problem on my CF 3102.

The paper jams right when it gets to the fuser unit.

I replaced the fuser unit with another one, and it still has the same problem.

When you say replace the 2nd x-fer roller, what do you mean?

Is it in the door, or in the fuser unit?

I know it's an old machine, but I can't afford a new one right now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance... desperate..

bhangdu
12-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Did you checked the 2nd transfer roller gear & pin

adastra100
12-19-2011, 10:54 PM
Hi Bhangdu,

Could you tell me where that is?

Thanks

JustManuals
12-20-2011, 02:14 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

tbkarthic
12-20-2011, 06:46 AM
hi friend check just check fusing unit gear leaver. that leaver open when right side door closing. i think right side door not closing properly.

kingarthur
12-20-2011, 02:58 PM
i had this on a C203....is there any print on the page...if not it IS the transfer roller in the door..i kept thinking it was a fuser problem.. cos everytime i opened the door the paper was at the entrance to the fuser, but the transfer roller was causing the problem by stopping the paper & would "spring" up to the fuser when you opened the door....dont forget that if you are resetting the transfer belt then you probably aren't replacing the transfer roller as well....

adastra100
12-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Hi,

There is print on the paper, and I recently replaced the transfer roller.

I talked to one person who said it's probably the exit sensor, PC10.
It's the sensor that detects when the paper passes by.
He said that it commonly goes out, because it's right next to the fuser unit, and it melts basically.
I ordered a new one, but it won't get here for 3 days, AAUGH!
Not only that, I'm still not positive that's the problem.
Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance...

adastra100
12-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Well, I replaced the exit sensor, and that wasn't it. So much for paying for expedited shipping...

The paper still jams right when it's entering the fuser unit. This is getting ridiculous!

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any ideas...

EarthKmTech
12-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Hi,

There is print on the paper, and I recently replaced the transfer roller.

I talked to one person who said it's probably the exit sensor, PC10.
It's the sensor that detects when the paper passes by.
He said that it commonly goes out, because it's right next to the fuser unit, and it melts basically.
I ordered a new one, but it won't get here for 3 days, AAUGH!
Not only that, I'm still not positive that's the problem.
Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance...

when the exit sensor on the fusing unit warps (low volume machines, usually with excessive powersave timeouts set) you end up with paper stopping in the horizontal transport section when a finisher is installed due to the sensor being able to close prematurely and the machine thinking the paper has already exited the fusing unit. I've not seen the warped fusing exit sensor cause issues on machines without finishers as yet. Other common issues, when the duplex unit is installed on machines around 300k or more on the meter, the ribs wearing on the duplex unit door and paper stops in there at the top sensor (everyone has had this issue before im sure, hence why theres a million doors in stock)

as for jamming prior to fusing entrance, i would check that the transfer roller is retracting and pressurising properly (rhs door is sold as a complete part and not rebuildable and surprisingly not very expensive ~$200) and i would also check for wear and function of the rego sensor correctly. The rego unit clutches do fail on these machines, is the leading edge registration shifting at all ? The expected life of these machines is about 800k and the rego unit is pretty much completely stuffed by then.

are you 100% certain the fusing drive motor is actually turning ?

adastra100
12-22-2011, 01:16 AM
Hi Perth,

Well, I replaced another sensor, PC14, it ran one sheet through, and then after that, it jams every time.

If it was a bad fuser unit, it wouldn't feed even one sheet would it?

I had a Gestetner that acted like that when the registration clutch went out.

Do you mean the registration clutch? Is there a way to test it? Is it in the door?

I'm not sure how to tell if the fuser rollers are turning. I've taken it apart, and I can't even see what could just stop working.

Could it be the fuser drive motor? Wouldn't there be an error code?

Thanks in advance..

Itsthepaper
12-22-2011, 02:28 AM
Is the paper perfectly creased when jams? Which would mean that the paper is buckling right before it goes threw registration roller. Check your jam count what's the what is the the jam code your getting?

Custom Search