PDA

View Full Version : Scan to email stopped working C353

Custom Search

tbombaci
11-03-2011, 05:21 AM
I just picked up a new account and they have a C353. Scan to email was working no problem but suddenly quit. Is there a way to test the SMTP connection when not standing at the copier? I am trying to work on the problem after hours and the only thing I have access to is the web interface. Please tell me there is a test function hidden somewhere or I am just not seeing it.

Thank You!
Tom

KM7155
11-03-2011, 07:07 AM
first of all, can u ping the smtp server from ur PC? maybe some changes on the smtp.
my advise is to ask the IT guy, any changes to the smtp server recently.

kingarthur
11-03-2011, 10:52 AM
i'd try the most basic thing first...turn the copier off completely at the mains & turn it back on again...works 99% of the time

kingarthur
11-03-2011, 11:13 AM
I did actually have a problem on a biz 283....a customer had gone into pagescope as an administrator instead of public & he went into "wizard"..he turned on the SSL/TLS settings...this stopped them scanning to emails

emujo
11-03-2011, 05:46 PM
You could try to set up an account on a PC with the info you have to see if you can send mail. You also need to find out what the error code is when it fails...

"Server Connect Error" Could be DNS, try using IP address instead of name. Port problem..try telneting port 25 and 2525 to see if you can at least communicate with the mail server. Authentication turned on when not needed ( in many cases, the MFP will send internal mail w/o need for authentication)

"login Failure" user name/password issue. If you already have a domain name in the TCP/IP settings, omit it from the email settings under authentication.

We have our own smtp server we use for troubleshooting...If the MFP can send mail using this info, than we can at least rule out a problem with the MFP. (Always nice to be able to prove the problem is on the customers side).

3rd party mail servers (verizon, roadrunner etc) do make changes occasionaly (different port#) but they usually send a notification email or letter to their customers..might be prudent to ask. Also safe to ask before you even get started.."have you made any changes to your network". Had one that swapped out routers and was supplying 192.168.2.xxx to all from the old 192.168.1.xxx. Hope some of ths helps. Emujo

Custom Search