PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C252 default scan datatype

Custom Search

Chillaholic
11-09-2011, 10:56 AM
I installed a KM Bizhub C-252 in a small network.
Everythink works as intended, but there is one problem with the SMB scan.
The default file type is PDF and should be changed to JPEG.
Also the client wants to have 300 DPI instead of 200 as default.
I tried to change it over the display and over the network interface but couldnt find the default scan settings. It only gave me the possibility to change TIFF and JPEG compression, also the manuals are not helping. If anybody can tell me if its possible and how to change it i`d be appreciated.

k130
11-09-2011, 11:25 AM
when you registered a user in address book, is it possible to set the scan setting for that particular user? if a user has been registered and want to change some other setting, one can reconfigure it just by clicking "scan setting" below the screen/on the right screen. not very familiar with this model, but i thought it should be the same like other model of bizhub.

Chillaholic
11-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks for your answer, but in the Adress book there is only space for name, IP, username and password.
I know how to change the file type on a single scan, but if the bizhub goes into energy save mode or is turned off / on it will go to PDF & 200 DPI as default again.

k130
11-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks for your answer, but in the Adress book there is only space for name, IP, username and password.
I know how to change the file type on a single scan, but if the bizhub goes into energy save mode or is turned off / on it will go to PDF & 200 DPI as default again.

ok.. set the configuration as per request, the go to menu 'printer setting' and select 'current setting' instead of 'factory setting'. maybe that works.

edit:
go here for the proper instructions. i just remember it is in the printer setting
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/58703-c350-copy-defaults.html

Chillaholic
11-09-2011, 12:10 PM
ok.. set the configuration as per request, the go to menu 'printer setting' and select 'current setting' instead of 'factory setting'. maybe that works.

edit:
go here for the proper instructions. i just remember it is in the printer setting
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/58703-c350-copy-defaults.html

Maby this works for a C350 but not with my C250/252.
I went to Administrator settings -> printer -> and only got USB and parallel settings for printers.
Scanner settings are not mentioned under admin settings and there is no button to set the current configuration as default.

kingarthur
11-09-2011, 04:41 PM
when you're in scan mode...set the m/c how you want it...then select "utility"...."user settings"...."initial setting"...."current setting"...

Chillaholic
11-09-2011, 05:01 PM
I thank both of you for posting.
I found it by myself about an hour ago.
Didnt find it in the printer options as k130 mentioned , but at least its changed now.
Kingarthur discribed it right. ;)

PROBLEM SOLVED!

k130
11-10-2011, 11:21 AM
when you're in scan mode...set the m/c how you want it...then select "utility"...."user settings"...."initial setting"...."current setting"...

oh.. user setting.. not the printer setting.. ok ok.. i thought it was printer setting. the key word is 'factory default' and 'current setting'. or something like that..

Custom Search