PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C550 cq problem

Custom Search

blazebusiness
11-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Customer complaining of slight pink background only at lead edge of 11 by 17 prints. Happens after printing more than 10 copies. If you print 1 or 2 it is ok. Replaced the magenta IU and transfer belt assy and xfer roller. Any ideas? Posting an example of what they are printing. 12800
The printer test print is fine12801

mo0651
11-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Your attachments are not showing. try again. OEM Iu's and toner?

blazebusiness
11-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Your attachments are not showing. try again. OEM Iu's and toner?

Alway use oem toner and IU's my friend. Thaks for responding. The problem is a little pink backgound at the lead edge only when making 11 x 17 prints .

EarthKmTech
11-09-2011, 10:00 PM
the attachments cannot be opened or viewed.

is the pink lead edge visible in internal test prints generated in service mode ?

is the firmware up to date?

if its only happening on print jobs from a computer, my next question would be;

is it a windows or mac environment? and are they using the PCL or PS drivers ?

blazebusiness
11-10-2011, 02:37 AM
the attachments cannot be opened or viewed.

is the pink lead edge visible in internal test prints generated in service mode ?

is the firmware up to date?

if its only happening on print jobs from a computer, my next question would be;

is it a windows or mac environment? and are they using the PCL or PS drivers ?

Thanks for replying. I understand the attatchments can't be veiwed. Your asking some good questions. It's a mac environment. An older mac computer and I myself have wondered if that could be part of the problem. Machine has up to date firmware and internal test prints look great. New oem IU's and oem toner. Only pink background at the lead edge showing up and only where there is blue typeset. The same blue typeset is consistant for the entire length of the paper with no pink haze behind the letters. Only at the first 2 inches of the lead edge is their pink background. Replaced the mag image unit just to be sure. new xfer belt assy and xfer roller installed . After that problem improved but still a faint hint of pink.............no other colors have this problem. Very interesting problem to be sure. We have a ton of these in the field and nothing like this has happened before. Appreciate your feedback.

EarthKmTech
11-10-2011, 10:36 PM
I have seen a similar issue with a customer that has 2 x c650s

the orange print the customer is using on the lead edge of the sheet is a slightly different colour at the trailing edge, only noticeable when looking carefully. And there appeared to be some undesirable background colour at the lead edge also. But only with a particular document.

Both machines exhibit exactly the same issue, and even verified on another not even on site there by taking the file with me. There was no solution to the problem but fortunately the customer wasn't overly concerned.

I would take the customers file and try it on some other machines to determine if there really is a fault with the machine or its just a "known phenomenon" with the engine that has no fix what so ever. (there are quite a few on that engine) :) I would proceed to escalate the issue with KM with the file provided regardless and scans of the problem.

Morlock49
11-10-2011, 10:50 PM
what version of mac o/s are they using. also what program are they using for making the document. I have had issues where some customers were using mac os9.? and quark version 6 or 7. they had inconsistant color output, where they would have 2 identical images on a page,one above the other, and ted ithe bottom image would be a different colour with a more pinkish tinge. I never resolved it, because the customer never upgraded their software. One thing though, if the image was converted to pdf and I printed from a windows computer, I never had any output problems

mo0651
11-10-2011, 11:00 PM
up to date driver? We had a c550 that document printed poorly from PS. switched to PCL and color issue went away. So fix was "use PCL":p

EarthKmTech
11-10-2011, 11:02 PM
I wonder if its simply because the postscript emulation on these machines is crap -

I always see a pink tinge to blue colours if a customer is using the PS driver in windows. PCL driver is a 1 million percent improvement and more closely matches what you see on the monitor.

I only use the PS if the customer has a fiery.

Obviously its not really open for discussion in a mac environment though :D

Custom Search