PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C451 with Fiery

Custom Search

emujo
11-11-2011, 10:55 PM
C451 w/ 90K at version R6..Fiery installed at latest version...I have set this configuration up many times but I wasn't involved with this particular install, so I don't know if it's tech induced or not...

Fiery is set up w/ static IP and Obtain IP for engine to Yes. I was trying to get to emperon controller but web page timed out so this is how I noticed the problem...Fiery interface is available trhough LCD panel,and customer has no complaints about printing, but when I printed out the emperon config sheet it showed 169.x.x.x indicating DHCP aquire failure. Went to look at TCP/IP settings but network settings selection (and security settings) are gone, so I can't make any changes to the MFP IP Settings. Took the controller off the network and pinged what should be the second IP address assigned by the controller to the MFP and I got a response. Thought that must be the probem..Decided to go through the setup (Fiery) from scratch but found that in service mode Machine settings, the arrow allowing you to navigate to the image controller setting is missing, so I can't de-install it.

So here's what I have...Printing is working fine through fiery, but Fiery is not assigning ip address to MFP. Can't get into MFP network settings to turn on DHCP and can't de-install the Fiery. I did try a firmware reload, but no change. Any thoughts? TIA Emujo

konisolver
11-12-2011, 05:18 AM
All you have to do is make sure the ethernet cable is plugged from the copier to the copier port on Fiery, then set your copier network settings to DHCP and restart and Fiery should assign a 172.xxx.xxx.xxx address....

emujo
11-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the input, but maybe you should re-read the post...I have no Network Settigns Tab on the MFP..difficult to set up for DHCP if I can't get into the TCP/IP settings. EMujo

Ianizer
11-12-2011, 07:41 PM
...make sure the ethernet cable is plugged from the copier to the copier port on Fiery...

You might re-read Koni's whole post, too. This is critical. Has this been done?

Also sounds like you do have an IP conflict somewhere. Possible it could have messed with your MFP. I'm sure you've isolated from the network and rebooted...

If you can manage to get back in, why not just configure Emperon with a different static on the same subnet and go with dual controllers? At the very least, it might be useful for troubleshooting.

-I

dallas
11-12-2011, 08:08 PM
To bring back the Network Setting Tab, try the following:
- Connect your Laptop via Crossover to the MFP and config the NIC to the Auto IP Range (169.254.xxx.xxx) of the MFP.
- Open a command prompt and type arp -a to show what is currently in the arp table and verify your Laptop interface is shown.
- Type arp -s <new_IP_MFP> <MacAddr_MFP> <IP_Laptop>
- Wait a few minutes and reboot the MFP. If you have luck, the Network Setting Tab is after a few minutes back.

Custom Search