PDA

View Full Version : e281c partial light copy

Custom Search

repeatcopiers
11-22-2011, 01:52 AM
I have an e281c in the field, about 3 inches of the bottom (of a letter direction) copy is very light. We don't do alot of Toshiba work and my tech isn't thrilled about working on them, can you give me someplace to start. This happens on b/w and color copies.

arnh79
11-22-2011, 02:23 AM
I would check the laser slit glass. Those machines were known for getting very dusty in there. You'll have to take out the drum/transfer belt unit, and remove the led blanking array to get at the glass.

fourl6
11-24-2011, 07:26 AM
I would check the laser slit glass. Those machines were known for getting very dusty in there. You'll have to take out the drum/transfer belt unit, and remove the led blanking array to get at the glass.

Thats the quick way but if you havent had much experience with these machines you might find it easier to slide the laser out and clean its slit glass,

if you take the left hand cover off that exposes the colour dev units
theres a large black cover under them. after you take that off its 1 screw and 2 plugs which unfortunately run through to the logic board? in the back cover...

a bit more work but alot easier for someone new to toshys.. but the LED array can be a prick to get back in and can cause the drum to get stuck in if its not put in correctly...

Cheers Cam

michaelc
11-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Just to throw this in to but I think the other 2 posts have got it right. If your copying on the machine give the optics a clean to.

Custom Search