PDA

View Full Version : Scanner enabling problem

Custom Search

ITbyaccident
10-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Hi listmates:

My Sharp 407 came without scanning enabled. I bought software (Sharpdesk) which came with a product key and CD key. I can install the software, but the software doesn't recognize the Sharp on the network as a scanning device. I looked at the manual, and concluded the scanner feature wasn't toggled on on the unit, so I tried SIM 26-10 and used the product key that came with the scanning software, but when I input it I get a "NG" response.

Does anyone have experience with how to get the copier to be recognized as a scanner? When I look at the copier online, and press the "scan" button, I get the error code "Error [936]; scanning feature in not enabled". Does anyone have another product key to try to input on this machine? Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks

blackcat4866
10-23-2007, 01:56 AM
I can give a partial answer. The product key you got with the software is the only one that will work. I wish I could help more.

ITbyaccident
10-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Thanks, Blackcat. As it turns out, I had to reset the serial number on the machine, and the product key was allowed (it showed "OK" when it was input), but the machine still isn't showing the scanning enabled. I think I'm getting close, though.

ITbyaccident
10-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Okay, the serial number was reset, and I had to change the scsi setting to 20 and move the print cable. Now the scanner function button works, but I get an error F9:01 when I hit the "select destination" button. Will this ever work? Due to other issues configuring the network printer, I had to set it as LPR rather than RAW. Could this be part of the problem. Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

blackcat4866
10-30-2007, 12:09 AM
The Cougars must be set to LPR to print properly. No connection.

Chronus102
10-31-2007, 12:09 PM
i'm not 100% sure on this piticular machine but, as far as networking any copier or computer for that matter there are 3 things that need to be set to be read on the network...IP address, Subnet Mask, Gateway. You can get the network settings by getting on a computer on the network the copier is on (assuming its windows based) go to Start>Run then when you get the little screen that you can type stuff in type in "CMD" (without " ") then when you get your black screen up (called dos prompt for old school peoples) type in "ipconfig" (again without " ") and you get all the information to set that in the copier (and if you are setting up the Scan to Email, if availible, put the DNS servers in the copier as well as a outgoing email address and the SMTP server, which can be found if the client uses outlook for an email client or any other email client like outlook). oh and when i set up the printer portion up on the network i always use the RAW.

rosenkrantz71
10-31-2007, 02:54 PM
Hi....

You need to add extra memory to your AR-PB2A, at least extra 32 MB.
to use your new scanner.....

ITbyaccident
10-31-2007, 04:20 PM
Great input. I am using RAW now (I needed to set it to Port 9101 since for some reason that's what the copier showed it was using even though I set it to 9100). So while the machine prints fine as a network printer, it doesn't recognize the scanner as a scanner. I get error 936, scanning feature not enabled on the web page when I hit the "Scan" button.

I checked the DRAM and it has 32MB. The memory checks out fine.

Any other thoughts?

ITbyaccident
10-31-2007, 06:32 PM
Hmmm. I'm getting inconsistent indications about the DRAM. SIM 22-10 shows 32MB of memory, but when I print the Printer Configuration page in the Menu, it shows 16MB of base memory and no optional memory. Could this be part of the problem? Thanks again for all your help.

ITbyaccident
10-31-2007, 07:11 PM
Okay. To resolve all doubts, I pulled the network card and discovered that there are NO 72-pin memory cards in the available slots. I just ordered two 32MB Sharp memory cards and I'll let you know if that makes a difference. Thanks again!

Custom Search