12-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Dear all, l have a problem
could any one know the steps of how to scan to
the flash disk on the c220, becz apparantly l can only
print from the flash my MFP doesnot print using the net work port
and the USB

ineo+6501
12-12-2011, 10:28 AM
If you are saying you want to be able to scan to a USB memory stick, you need to enable the function in the admin section. These models come out of the box with only the print function enabled.

From the top of my head:

Press Utility/Counter
Touch Administrator Settings
Press 12345678
Touch OK
Touch System Settings
Touch User Box Settings
Touch External Memory Function
Set Scan to External Memory to Enabled

Job done and you should now be able to scan to a USB stick

bkamoga
12-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks 4 the reply but on the machine l dont see
two fuctions 1. Touch External Memory Function
2. Set Scan to External Memory to Enabled

what should i do any reply
and if possible padon the the steps
thanks

emujo
12-15-2011, 01:57 PM
"Ineo" is correct on the steps (wish he wouldn't post passwords though). When you plug the USB drive in you should get a pop up on the screen asking what you want to do...by default, you will only see "Print from USB Drive". If you are seeing this popup, then you are not following the steps correctly. If you do not see the option to enable scan to usb and send to user box, you may have a HDD issue, not installed, turned off, etc, but this would be unusual as the C220 comes with the HDD installed. If you touch the user box hard button, do you get the next screen, or a "beep". Beep would be a quick indicator that HDD is not present (physically/electronically). Emujo

kingarthur
12-21-2011, 12:52 PM
KM only recomemnd a max 4gb stick when scanning & even then not all sticks work, if they are using "separate scan", you will probably need to fit an HDD

habik
12-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Just to be sure Do you have to have it in Fat or Fat32 in order to get it going// I don't remember.. or it actually does not matter?

redhotrob
12-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Also make sure that the stick doesn't have U3.

U3 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U3)

Custom Search