PDA

View Full Version : Estudio 230 shows jam lower cass @ pwr up

Custom Search

Dexor
12-13-2011, 02:42 AM
It frequently, but not always, shows jam @ lower cassette - tells me to open the right bottom door (no error codes) - after a few sec (5-10) I power up the machine. At times it begins to function ok, but usually after overnight shutdown and then pwr up it shows jam. I removed lower feeder, cleaned all the sensors. No go. Problem is erratic, not constant. LV power supply? Bad/flaky sensor? They have steady 115V in their power line.

Hansen88
12-13-2011, 03:40 AM
I had today a 280 doing basically the same thing. I changed the jam sensor that is mounted to the bottom of the bypass unit. It didnt do the problem anymore while I was there. Only time will tell. This sensor is pretty common to get flaky and go bad. Hope it solves this problem.

JustManuals
12-13-2011, 06:41 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Travis06
12-14-2011, 02:41 AM
I had today a 280 doing basically the same thing. I changed the jam sensor that is mounted to the bottom of the bypass unit. It didnt do the problem anymore while I was there. Only time will tell. This sensor is pretty common to get flaky and go bad. Hope it solves this problem. I agree that sensor is usually the culprit for that problem.

fourl6
12-14-2011, 11:20 AM
I had today a 280 doing basically the same thing. I changed the jam sensor that is mounted to the bottom of the bypass unit. It didnt do the problem anymore while I was there. Only time will tell. This sensor is pretty common to get flaky and go bad. Hope it solves this problem.

a couple of times iv swapped this sensor with the top duplex door sensor, they are the same part #, the sensor will work fine in the duplex door because gravity is helping it, but the one under the bypass has gravity against it... i guess the spring losses some tension over time.

Cheers Cam

Dexor
12-16-2011, 06:00 AM
a couple of times iv swapped this sensor with the top duplex door sensor, they are the same part #, the sensor will work fine in the duplex door because gravity is helping it, but the one under the bypass has gravity against it... i guess the spring losses some tension over time.

Cheers Cam
thank you guys for your input, this has been lifesaver. That sensor @ the bottom of duplexer - cleaned really well seems to be working fine. But will swap with the top door @ duplexer.

Custom Search