PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba e-Studio 232 show

Custom Search

Alan Aya
12-17-2011, 01:46 AM
Good day to everybody, it have been a long time i have not post on the Toshiba forum, yesterday i came across a problem which seems to be an easy one but i could not solve it, advise is needed....
Here is the problem, one of the outstation dealer send in a Toshiba e-Studio for repair. When i turn on the machine, the machine show * close front cover*, have checked the front and side door switch and also the actuator, it seems all is okay. The message is still showing. What else can be the cause? Any hince will be appreciated.

Thank you

blackcat4866
12-17-2011, 01:57 AM
I'm not real familiar with Toshiba's but I'd start by tracking the doorswitch back to it's connector on the controller board. If there is no 24vdc present at the controller board, it's possible that you've lost all 24vdc from the power supply.

I came across the same situation on a Copystar CS-C4035E recently, and in the indication was "Close left door." and fluorescent backlight off on the operation panel. Maybe? =^..^=

michaelc
12-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Sounds like your not getting your power like blackcat said. . I would check the fuses on the power supply but. I would check the interlock which the front and side covers hit to let the power in the machine also. When your checking your the voltages careful of the heatsinks. Some of them on Toshiba models are live. I found out the not so good way.

JustManuals
12-18-2011, 12:04 AM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Alan Aya
12-19-2011, 01:00 AM
Sounds like your not getting your power like blackcat said. . I would check the fuses on the power supply but. I would check the interlock which the front and side covers hit to let the power in the machine also. When your checking your the voltages careful of the heatsinks. Some of them on Toshiba models are live. I found out the not so good way.

Thank you guys, especially Blackcat & Michaelc, you guys are right, it is a power supply problem. Manage to solve the problem yesterday, there is a broken fuse on the power supply unit.

didi2005
02-10-2012, 11:06 AM
If power problem, u need to change power supply board.

michaelc
02-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Not always. Sometimes just a fuse has been blown due to many things such as a trapped fuser lamp wire (yep I have done it before).

emujo
02-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Another hint...if you lok at the Toshiba wiring diagrams, you can see what each fuse protects..motors, lamps, etc. I doubt that the door interlocks are causing the fuse to blow, but something else on that line may be the culprit. Emujo

mariappanpm
09-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Yes
I have faced this problem 2 times
Check the fuse in SMPS

Custom Search